Has anyone else noticed...

D

Duel

Duke has over 2,000. He is a man of many aliases.....

I'm sorry if it seems like my intention. I mean there are ONLY 16 people, out of 104, with over 1,000 posts. The basic CPAers are the people between 10 and 1,000, who view our boards and check he front page daily.

It doesn't matter who has the most or least posts, really. I realize now my previous post came out wrong. Sorry.

(BTW, did a founder delete an earlier post? I thought I already posted a correction. *shrug*)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't delete anything...

Jaws: Well, you aren't REALLY an example because you have 500+ posts. We're talking about the people who have 0 or 1 posts. It's true some may be lurkers; that's why some data that would be good to know was When Did They Last Visit.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm almost there! I'm one of the closest to get 1000 that already hasn't gotten it!

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

I get a message at the top of the screen that tells me when I last visited, so it HAS to be availabke some way, right? :confused:

F

fuzzy510

Originally posted by Ransac
Yeah, it must be availabke!

Ransac, cpa trash man
Somebody agrees with me! Seriously, Zadok, Ed, Spidey or SOMEBODY should get working on that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Even though I agree with you, I was just pointing out a spelling error on your part.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by fuzzy510
I get a message at the top of the screen that tells me when I last visited, so it HAS to be availabke some way, right? :confused:
I believe that the info is stored on the cookie that is on your computer not on the site itself.

G

Gerode

I'd be close to 1000 if Ed didn't turn the post count off for Off-Topic [grumble] ;)

5 more members to go... We gotta prepare for a party or something.

Is there any way to find out who the lurkers are, by checking IP's or logins or something?

[All the lurkers, after reading this and are very afraid, post something.]

D

DÛke

As said by Duel referring to DÛke:
...He is a man of many aliases.....
Hey, Duel, what is that supposed to mean, in the exact? No, tell me...and so what? How many of "them" do I use? Since you seem to know, you tell me.

...and really, who gives a thing about how many posts you have? I already said that this place would be MUCH better if there is no post count. This is probably the only area where MTGnews beats the CPA. What exactly is the post counts supposed to invoke in other readers?

...does it ever become helpful that you know how many posts you have? If "yes", then...um...then why didn't I need such "knowledge" back in MTGnews? I lived though it, I do believe.

... I'm terribly sorry that I don't comprehend the relevancy of the existence of such a superfluous mechanic.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think we need to find out who the lurkers are by checking IPs or whatever; having a Last Visit should be good enough.

Although now that I think about it, some of the one-time visitors might be off-set by those who just visit the front-page and never registered in the Forums <shrug> (but then, are they considered "members"? Questions, questions...). So who knows what the true numbers are...