Has anyone else noticed...

F

FrigginRizzo

...that the Certified Public Accountants are nearing ONE THOUSAND members? Is it just me, or does that sound like an enormous number? And is anyone else as impressed by that number as I am?

Serious kudos abound all up in here to Da' Boyz who a) dreamed it up, b) made it happen, and c) keep it running.

Congrats, chiefs.

John Friggin' Rizzo

C

Cateran Emperor

*gives nodnarb a cough drop*

There ya go. By the waay, why can't we use the [me] thing any more?

N

nodnarb24

When Ed switch over to vBulletin 2.0, he lost the hack that gave us the [me] code. But you could always use the color code which is #336699.

C

Cateran Emperor

Doh. I rather liked that. :(

Doesn't really matter though since me and the Evisceratin' Scythe don't go to the Arena that often anymore anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's impressive, but as often lamented, I wish it reflected the true number of members, rather than members with multiple aliases and non-active members (like one-time visitors or people who've visited once about every two months or something).

M

Mundungu

Spidey : That's true but no one can deny that the number of posts (and I dont count the "other stuff" forum or some spamming) has increased to a good level.

I remember the times where we were only like 150 members.

Also, not many posts, but surely many visit us. (Ed, how many hits in average ?)

Lastly, we now have a some "famous" residents and we get referred on other web sites.

We are definitly on the way to become a reference in the "little" community of online magic.

G

Gizmo

452 people have registered but never posted.
I know because I counted.

104 people have registered but only posted once.
I know because I kept counting.

The good news is that we have a very healthy 111 people who have posted over 100 times.

M

Mundungu

geez giz, you must have time on your hands :)

but thanks for the info.
over 100 to post over 100 isnt bad at all .. imho

A

arhar

Out of all the people who are registered and never posted, there may be a lot of faithful readers of our front page articles, which makes it even better :)

C

cbearsbro

Originally posted by arhar
Out of all the people who are registered and never posted, there may be a lot of faithful readers of our front page articles, which makes it even better :)
That's true. I first started reading the articles and stuff before actually registering. Besides lurkers are inevitable. I'm a couple of other boards that get visited by lots of people and "join" But only a few faithful post regularly.

I may not be at a 100 yet. But with all the questions I have, it won't be long :p [must check total...]. Do ya get a gold star or sumthin when you reach 100? :D

C

cbearsbro

Oooh 104 post. I am one of the 111 :D Not bad for only being around for a month. K, I'll be quiet now ;)

F

fuzzy510

We're OLD!!!!!

By the way, this is the 10,000th post in the General CPA Stuff Forum.

D

Darsh

Originally posted by arhar
Yeah, I knew about this site about 4 months before I knew about the forums and now it would be really tough to come to this site and not know about the forums, the front page is also a lot better IMHO.

Z

Zadok001

101 is pretty friggin' good, chief! :)

(/me violates copyright laws...)

Hey, we aren't an enormous site - But we're big enough to get noticed. We're linked to, and we have a lot of intelligent posters all through our boards. Besides, we have good friends here - 101 of 'em, if not more!

D

Duel

Okay, check it out, 16 people with over 1000 posts. 2 with over 2000. Also, these 16 have a total of 25,045 posts. 25,045/60,733 are in these 16. Puts it in perspective, no? And the time you joined doesn't matter much, apparently. The most-prolific founder is Zadok, in fourth place, below Duke, who joined a little over a year after him.

Spiderman 01-18-00 3009
Duel 02-15-00 2953
DÛke 08-05-00 1999
Zadok001 07-30-99 1611
nodnarb24 06-16-00 1600
Apollo 03-12-00 1562
Chaos Turtle 02-07-00 1461
FoundationOfRancor 03-18-00 1399
dw51688 08-17-00 1319
Darsh 08-30-00 1291
Cateran Emperor 08-23-00 1258
Multani 04-01-00 1167
Istanbul 01-24-00 1167
theorgg 08-04-99 1128
Ed Sullivan 07-29-99 1064
Hawaiian mage 07-08-00 1057

Wanna find your post # or ranking?
http://www.magic-singles.com/cpa/forums/memberlist.php?what=topposters&perpage=10

I

Istanbul

It occurs to me that it's not how many times you post, but the quality of the posts themselves that matters.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is true.

I hope I didn't turn this into another discussion about who posts the most and least and blah, blah, blah. I was just trying to say that while 1000 members looks good, you'd have to dig deeper into the statistics to find how the CPA is truly represented.

I mean, Duel says there's two people with over 2000 posts. Did you know there's actually at least one other person? (Hey, sounds like a good trivia question for DUke... :))

Just view the numbers with a grain of salt, that's all...

J

Jaws10387

Many members are only lurkers that never (or rarely) post.
Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean that they have left.

(I'm an example)