Has anybody seen this Gargoyle?

L

Limited

Last friday I received my playset of Planar Chaos commons and uncommons, but I hadn't had the chance to look through them, let alone to build some new decks with these cards.

So Saturday, when Jorael came over to play some Magic, I was completely blown away by a tiny Gargoyle.

Of course, I speak of the new Stonecloaker.

A 3/2 flying with Flash. For only three mana. That's good.

Bouncing one of your own creature could be considered a drawback, but on a cheap creature with Flash, it'll usually be an asset (especially with the reinvention of fading/vanishing).

Oh, and in case you aren't convinced, it also has "When Stonecloaker comes into play, remove target card in a graveyard from the game" so that it can be used to destroy graveyard-trick-based decks.

I need to hear some opinions about this card.. I need some kind of reassurance that not crazy in thinking that this card is way above the curve.

Dazed and confused,

Limited.

Killer Joe

3/2 White flyer for 2W? weird. I would expect it to be a 2/3 ground creature for that price. Add on the "Rescue" part of it and you have Blue involved. Add on the instant (flash) and you have some Green mixed in and the final weirdness is the Black wheel part of graveyard removal. This could've been a gold card for:

2UBW

...easily. ;)

N

Nightstalkers

It's interesting... but being gargoyle it doesn't fit into the soldier decks to save key pumpers.

Killer Joe

The only thing I don't about this is that,....well,...it's a creature :rolleyes:

I don't care for creature cards very much :eek:

L

Limited

I'm still in awe of this card.. haven't put it a deck yet though.

I am contemplating an anti-gargoyle deck though :D

J

jorael

No you don't, you start the stonecloacker beatdown yourself!

Stonecloacker rules! :D

L

Limited

Yeah, it was teh nasty!

Saving a creature, killing a Blinkmoth Nexus AND having a flyer that can attack the next turn?
Priceless!

J

jorael

You know what is good with Stone Cloacker? Pandemonium...

(add Norin the Wary and Saltskitter and you start to get a nasty deck....)