Harvest Moon

C

Chernobyl Hamster

I rented this game, and i must admit it is one of the most addictive games i ever played. The prospect of an RPG about farming didn't sound quite appealing, but i was soon blasted away into an abyss of regret for ever thinking the thought. SO... ADDICTIVE. MUST PLAY.
What do YOU think?

S

sageridder

Are you talking about the old 8 bit nintendo Solomon's Key?

H

Hetemti

Synopsis: (Note: This game is ancient, 1985, and POORLY translated, so don't expect Shakespeare. That, and I'm doing this from memory. :p)

An evil sorcerer broke into the Consellation, a hexagramical temple, to steal the Book of Solomon, a spellbook with near limitless power. The book's magic was being used to seal the forces of the Devil in their underworld. When the book was moved, the evil forces were free to enter the world. The sorcerer knew that if the evil ones possessed the book the world would be doomed, so he tore out the Page of Space and the Page of Time, and hid them in one of the Constellation's hidden chambers. The forces of evil killed the sorcerer and imprissoned the Faries that inhabited the Constellation. Now, the forces of evil, taking many forms are amassing an army within the Constellation and intend to reek havoc worldwide. You play as Dana, an apprentice with limited powers.

Your duty is to:
1) Outwit the demons.
2) Locate the Page of Space and Page of Time
3) Recover the eight Seals of Solomon
4) Aquire the four Artifacts (2 Sphixes, 2 Golden Masks)
5) Reveal the Rabbit edifices. (Tecmo, the game's maker, loves to hide their rabbit mascot in their games.)
6) Capture the Demon plates.
7) Rescue the Faerie Princess.
8) Find the Book of Solomon, and recast the spell to seal the Constellation once more.

As for RPGness, it's really more arcade/puzzle. There are over 50 rooms riddled with enemies. Any enemy contact kills you, lives are few, and weapons are fewer.

The game has six endings, where you:

1) Stop the current invasion, but only temporarily.
...and...
2) Fre the Faeries.
3) Destroy the Constellation.
4) Destroy the Constellation and seal the evil in the underworld forever.
5) Free the Faeries and destroy the Constellation.
6) Free the Faeries, destroy the Constellation, and seal the evil in the underworld forever.

AND it rates your game! A GDV of 84 is par for ending one. You get 47 for pressing the start button. :)

C

Chernobyl Hamster

I guess that game is... moderate. I have an original nintendo, but i'm not sure if it still works!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I don't mean to burst anybody's bubble, but I thought Harvest Moon completely...

*Ransac sighs.*

...sucked.

Ransac, cpa trash man

C

Chernobyl Hamster

WEll, it all matters on what games you like. I got totally addicted to it, maybe you get addicted to other games.

C

Chernobyl Hamster

YEAH! THat game is awesome. And the coolest thing is the initials, Conker's BFD, which can also stand for Conker's Big F'n Deal.

N

NeuroDeus

Is this game a bit like Tetris... I love those games...

dopey jokes apart...

I don't like RPGs... most of your might flare up but I feel simply wasted building up my character etc. The only time I really enjoyed playing an RPG was Dink Smallwood a freeware game with mild RPG elements...

I love space-shootemups, beat emups, an strategy games... red alert and a lot of other games like Black and White etc...

C

Chernobyl Hamster

ACtually, in this game you don't build up a character. You raise crops, horses,dogs,chickens,cows. And the coolest thing is that you can hit on girls and eventually marry them. And if you treat your wife right, you'll get a baby.

H

Hetemti

...hmmm...does that mean if I treat my Shivan right, I'll get some Whelps?

...wait...never minds...that's getting into a wierd area...