Hall of Shame Voting: The Dark

Which of these cards from "The Dark" is worst?

• Amnesia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deep Water

• Erosion

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Niall Silvane

• Sorrow's Path

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I voted for Sorrow's Path because it wastes a land drop on a land that you can only ever use to hurt yourself.

B

BigBlue

I voted for my own card... and upon further review of Sorrow's path... I made a mistake... it's bad... it could be built around, but why? :)

Discard for 3UUU is bad... but Sorrow's Path is really aptly named.

Melkor

Amnesia is just overcosted but is is still a strong effect, I think it even got put in The Deck after Mind Twist was banned. My own pick, Erosion, is overcosted and useless but at least you cast it and then it doesn't hurt you. Sorrow's Path is really a triumph of poor card making. It hurts you taking away a land drop and then it hurts you when you use it. Not too mention it being convoluted and highly situational.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Sorrow's path looks worse than it actually is. It has a narrow effect, but Dark water's effect is even narrower. That card is obsolete in every aspect. I can imagine that one instance where Sorrow's path would be benificial: in reject rare draft, Sorrow's path is a bomb. Dark water isn't. You need double blue to cast it, the only perceivable use of the card is to get to triple blue. Now, I can't imagine a use for 3 blue mana, and even if I did, if you'd have an island in place of Dark depths you'd have 3 blue mana.

B

BigBlue

That was my fault anyways, it was Deep Water in the nomination thread...

D

DarthFerret

I voted for Niall because the artwork is so so bad that it definately belongs in some kind of Hall of Shame!

B

BigBlue

The votes are in...

Sorrow's Path sucks by a mile...

Next up... Fallen Empires... Where Alternate art went a bit overboard...