Hall of Shame Vote: Fallen Empires

Which of these is the Worst Fallen Empire?

• Delif's Cube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elven Lyre

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • the Homarids

• Implements of Sacrifice

• Ring of Renewal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

Yeah.... you have to post it, then enter the choices... if you get interupted a lot, the delay is bad... :)

I'm not sure Shabba meant to nominate the Homarids... but I included them...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Shouldn't we only allow one card, rather than a whole group of cards? Can I nominate the entire set of Homelands when we get around to it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think we should stick to one card, rather than a "cycle" or theme of cards, 'cause then it's just gonna cause problems later down the line.

B

BigBlue

When I nominated the cycle of Urza's Lands no complaints?

I left them in as a joke, I don't expect the Homarids to win... they aren't bad - annoying with counters, but not bad...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Most likely it shouldn't be a group of cards, just to keep things from getting out of hand.
And what's with the Cube votes????? It works with Lim-Dul's Paladin and Ornithopter-type creatures (who's gonna block that one?)...... :(
Bunch of freakin anti-cubists :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue said:
When I nominated the cycle of Urza's Lands no complaints?
Yeah, we should have nipped it right there :)

I voted for the Cube just because it's the worst of the lot up there, but I think it does have its narrow use as well :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman said:
And what's with the Cube votes????? It works with Lim-Dul's Paladin and Ornithopter-type creatures (who's gonna block that one?)......
"Works well" in the sense that if you do attack with those creatures and your opponent does let them through or isn't able to stop them (or doesn't care to), you can pay mana and tap the cube to later pay mana to regenerate a creature? Heh.

But I think you're the one who voted for Ring of Renewal, since you did nominate it, and I have to say, it's pretty useless too. I was torn between those cards but went with Cube mostly because I nominated it and because if you do need to regenerate creatures, you need it on command, not after completing prerequisites.

Ferret

Staff member
There are LOTS of ways to regenerate creatures. You shouldn't need something that requires a lot of tapping and untapping and all kinds of other unnecessary stuff just to keep them alive...I'd rather just splash in green and use a stupid Enchantment (wait, they're called 'Auras' now) called REGENERATE on it...

Ah well, I have to start pouring over Ice Age now...

- Ferret

...of course, I never 'splash' in green. I usually use green with OTHER COLOURS splashed in...

B

BigBlue

And these polls are closed...

Delif's Cube by a landslide is the worst Fallen Empire card.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
There was a partisan conspiracy from the anti-ring segment of this board......The shadow Cubist party........:rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman;272922 said:
There was a partisan conspiracy from the anti-ring segment of this board......The shadow Cubist party........:rolleyes:
Wait. I thought we were anti-cubists... :p

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Aha, they show their true colors after I lure them out with the obvious anti-cubist ploy..... hahahahahaha