Hall of Shame Vote: Arabian Nights

Which of these is the "Worst" card in Arabian Nights?

• Aladdin's Lamp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camel

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • City in a Bottle

• Metamorphosis

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Pyramids

• Sandals of Abdallah

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

Aladdin's Lamp - Shabbaman
Camel - Ransac
City in a Bottle - Oversoul
Metamorphosis - Spiderman
Pyramids - BigBlue, DarthFerret
Sandals of Abdallah - Budget Player Cadet

Voting closes 8/10 at 11 am EDT

B

BigBlue

(When you post a poll, it puts a placeholder post in place... )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I voted for my own nomination. I think it's that much just that much worse than the other cards in this set (the only exception would seem to be in limited formats, but even then it's dead weight unless you happen to have it at just the right time), although I would say Pyramids is a strong second and practically the epitome of an overly expensive and overly situational card (which is what most really bad cards seem to be).

B

BigBlue

My thought process is...

Pyramids isn't any good in any format. If you were playing an animate artifact deck, there are better artifacts to animate. The other nominations all had a use - even if they were limited (no pun intended).

And I voted my own nomination too...

OK, so I was thinking... And I just thought of one potential Pyramids use... Animated lands... Still Expensive... but I can think of one place I could use it anyways... In earlier days... when there were ONLY three sets available AN, Alpha, and Beta (Unlimited wasn't yet in print)... City in a Bottle would have been more useful. It would have gotten rid of a lot of annoying cards... If you could nullify even 10% of your opponents deck without hurting your own, it'd be worth it I think. Even as a Sideboard card - if there was sideboarding back then.

B

BigBlue

And the Loser Card of Arabian Nights is....

Pyramids!

Next up, Antiquities

Voting will start for AQ on Monday 8/18