Hall of Shame Vote: Alpha/Beta/Unlimited

Which of these Alpha/Beta/Unlimited Cards is the "WORST"?

• Farmstead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray Ogre

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Lich

• Personal Incarnation

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Plague Rats

• Power Leak

• Purelace

• Word of Command

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

Let the voting begin. Voting will close Friday 7/25 at 23:59 GMT (6:59pm EST)

Poll finally posted... got busy and couldn't finish.

Thanks for your patience. :)

B

BigBlue

Farmstead was one of the cards I was looking to nominate... so it got my vote as well. I looked the list over again... and really, out of the listed cards, it's pretty bad... I do think the Incarnation is bad too, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for my own card... Word of Command is horrible too... Lich is asking for trouble too...

Maybe when we complete this list - we'll create Casual Build decks using the Fame & Shame cards...

D

DarthFerret

Ok, ok, I know, I voted for the one I nominated. But wait, I have sound reasoning behind it. It is the ONLY card that I have never put into a deck. I have used every other card listed, to a moderate success (yes even Farmstead). Back when Magic was new, usually the only COP that was not put in a deck was COP: White. Thus I used the Purelace as a splaxh to get around it. Farmstead was one of the few major life gainers in its heyday. Also, from the same perspective, a 6/6 creature back then was something to be reckoned with. Power leak was always a fun little surprise, and Word of Command was a great pull (before it got immediately restricted!). Thus, my nomination and subsequent vote went to Lich. The only time I ever saw it in play, the guy using it got beaten into submission quickly. Never saw the advantage to that card, no matter what the situation.

Melkor

DarthFerret, you're my friend, but please don't ever put "major life gainer" and "Farmstead" in the same sentence again. I stand by my reasons for Farmstead and am not ashamed in the least to vote for it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
DarthFerret said:
Thus, my nomination and subsequent vote went to Lich. The only time I ever saw it in play, the guy using it got beaten into submission quickly. Never saw the advantage to that card, no matter what the situation.
You never saw it because TurboLich was weird, hard to play, hard to build, not all that long-lived, and kind of unpopular. But it was still powered by Lich and could tear through people just like any combo deck. I really don't see how a card that allowed people to do that could be considered worse than these other bad cards.

Okay, I might sound like I'm taking this seriously, which I'm not.

Oh, and even without TurboLich, I'd still say the Mirror Universe combo alone makes Lich a better card than Farmstead. Sure, it's clunky and risky unless Lich is also protected somehow, but it's cool and can actually kill someone. Farmstead can't do anything.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I voted Farmstead because:

1. It's a rare;
2. It's crap;
3. Even though it has a beneficial effect, the effect is even smaller than my option Power leak;
4. I don't want to vote on my own card;
5. I want to fit in with the masses.

Looking at the list actually wants me to shout out loud the following:

Oversoul said:
Word of Command? Modus, are you insane?
Heh.

B

BigBlue

Farmstead has a "Command"ing lead...

10 hours or so left... (I didn't get the poll deadline set right - but you can't pick the deadline, just a day)...

B

BigBlue

By a wide 7-2 Margin Farmstead IS the crappiest card from Alpha.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Should I start a thread modeled after the Hall of Fame in General to hold the "winners" of the Hall of Shame? :)