Hall of Shame Nominations: Arabian Nights

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Slight problem with the ante cards: in actual ante games, which is what they're meant for, some of them are actually pretty good.

If the instructions on the actual cards are followed, they're even better outside of ante games (except for Contract from Below, which is already the most broken card ever printed) because they're an easy deck-thinning mechanism: "It says to remove it from my deck before playing if we're not playing for ante and we're not, so it goes and now my 60-card deck is 24 cards before I even draw my starting hand. Wow, imagine that, I got exactly the hand I wanted yet again."

But no one wants to play against that, which is why these cards are banned in all tournament formats. I'm sure that casual players, even the ones that don't normally know what's banned and what's not, wouldn't want to play against someone actually piloting ante cards, but that just amounts to "these cards are banned everywhere, in tournaments and in casual play." And a card being useless not because using it in a deck won't do any good but because you literally cannot use it in a deck (it's banned) isn't so much "bad" as it is, well, banned.

Something like that really shouldn't qualify for a hall of shame. Neither should the tokens from Unglued, for that matter.