Hall of Shame Nominations: Alpha/Beta/Unlimited

D

DarthFerret

So do I, you rock Melkor!

Also, Power Leak used to be one of my favorite cards. Put in 4 of them, 4 psychic venoms, and 4 feedbacks. The first enchantment they play, your pound them hard. I was actually beat in a sealed tourament (my first tourney) with a deck that did exactly that (he did not have 4 of each but I think he pulled 2 of each).

Melkor

I completed the deck with a bunch of the stuff they added later. Errant Minion, Power Taint, and Slow Motion. It wasn't very good, but I enjoyed it.

Ferret

Staff member
I would have to say Plague Rats - but, only based on the cards that were in print at the time. Sure, you could make a deck that was full of Dopplegangers, Clones, and Plague Rats, but that would be a bit expensive and silly.

My second choice would have to be Life Lace because there were very few cards that actually cared about Green cards (unless you wanted to make a Deathgrip/Lifelace deck to counter any spell that you wanted to - and again, that would be silly).

-Ferret

...what?...

B

BigBlue

You could always donate them a useless enchantment... then power leak it... :)

Sort of Insult to Injury...

The Up to Date List:

Farmstead - Melkor
Word of Command - Modus, Mooseman
Lich - Darthferret, Ransac
Personal Incarnation - BigBlue
Gray Ogre - Oversoul
Purelace - Spiderman
Power Leak - Shabbaman
Plague Rats - Ferret

:blush: Fixed Plague Rats... Thats what I get for being in a hurry...

D

DarthFerret

Just curious as to why Ferret would nominate plague rats as his frist choice, and Bigblue puts in lifelace. Is this fixed?? :D

Ferret

Staff member
I have a stable internet connection for now - well, sort of. At least I can log in daily. To be honest, It's so long since I've laid eyes on a Magic card that I have no idea what any of the new sets are like.

I just missed everyone and since the CPA's ninth Anniversary is coming up I decided to come back for a while :)

-Ferret

...what did BigBlue mean by "Fixed Plague Rats"?...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
9TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY!!!!!! FERRET'S PROVIDING THE FOOD/BEVERAGES/ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

*Ransac, the musician, nearly wets himself upon the thought of free food......... okay. There was no "nearly" about it.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Well, we got out a scalpel... :) Then Ransac held them down while Oversoul did the deed... I filmed it all for YouTube, but they have some sort of policy against animal mutilation videos, so we didn't get to make internet history. But, that plague rat won't be making any more plague rats, he'll have to depend on his brothers.

I accidentally listed your nomination as Lifelace... then DF pointed out that was your second nomination... so, I fixed my mistake.

~8 hours of nominating left... any last minute entrants?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ferret: Cool. I haven't really seen any of the new cards in real life either, but playing some Magic games in the forums helps to see what they can do. If you think you have time, we can start up a Mindmaster game or something... :)

B

Budget Player Cadet

THE FERRET?!?

Wait. You the same guy who does the articles?

If you are: I WORSHIP YOU.

If you aren't: YOU ARE A CPA FOUNDER, I WORSHIP YOU ANYWAYS!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, he's not the same.

This guy is one "T".

StarCity guy has two "T"s.

But yeah, you can worship him anyways :D

Ferret

Staff member
Spiderman said:
No, he's not the same.

This guy is one "T".

StarCity guy has two "T"s.

But yeah, you can worship him anyways :D
Thank you. I'll take any kind of worship I can get. :)

I think I wrote the first article and about two real ones after that (the set reviews I wrote don't really count).

I'm with you, Spidey. The last time I actually held a Magic card in my hand (that was new) was from Kamigawa. At that point I knew that things were getting a little weird. When I went to try play online, I saw how Mirrodin (sp?) was making the game as ridiculous as the days of "Blue Winter" that I logged off and quickly uninstalled the software (the computer equivalent of running out of the gaming store screaming).

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, but I think that all of the fun ended in Urza's Saga...

-Ferret

...one t...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't mind the new cards and the abilities and such. It's just that I don't play in real life anymore, so there's no use getting real cards. If I started up again, I'd go back to buying and holding them again :)