GUMS: General Use Minature System

T

theorgg

<sung to the tune of "mr. Spaceman">
I woke up one morning with somthing on my mind..
A minature system unlike any other kind.
Where Pokethings could fight Orcs and Robots,
and even DBZ might be seen alot.

Heeeey, I wrote GUMS. I thought about it for awhile,
then I started to smile.
HEEEEy look at pikachu! He just took Ozzy Osbourne for a ride!
~~~~

As the song suggests, I've gotten the basics for figures all thought up(though I havn't figured out the "Titans" rules that Ozzy would have to go by yet) and have them up on my website at http://www.dork.com/theorgg/GUMS.html .

I'm asking All Minature game players to take a look and all other gamers that have a bit of gaming experience, or just anyone who wants to take a look to check them out and help work some things out...

Make suggestions, and playtest the stuff...

Thank You,

sic semper,

D

Duel

Not bad. I still think you're gums could do with a brushing-up... :)

T

theorgg

That's why I posted it here, Duel. I need some people to try 'em out and tell me how it works out. see what needs tweaking and what doesn't.

Also, I need concepts to be fleshed out.

Like figures from two and a half inches to seven inches could be titans: 20 points to use, 30 build, must use four build to moove two inches, takes up two "blocks" right beside each other, and has a max VIG of two. also can't use vehecles...

Or somting like Healing: you can spend one to give one of your normal figures the ability, and can spend one point you didn't use to buy your army to give one body to a person who's beside the healer, up to the amount it started...

and similar things like that...

C'mon, you game players! HELP ME OUT, HERE!

N

nanokill

good job Orgg. very promising, duel's right it could use brushing up,but it has a very good, simple appeal about it.
think of a few more possible tactics and figure abilities
any way good job keep them coming

D

Duel

You want somewhere to look for concepts? How about a game called "Big Eyes, small mouth" (Yes, it exists. It's the official Anime role-playing game) It's one of the most versatile out there. I figure mechwarrior crossed with that...

T

theorgg

Oh! a responce to it!

Actually, I ment concepts as in Machanics.

for example, the four-six inch figures/their names and attributes, build and things of that nature.

Like the 12" and over figures could cost 50 points and have 100 build... and a max VIG of 0, cain't drive vehicles, ranged weapons cost 25 points and get +1 to all shots..

things like that and the "magic" of somthing like mabe a fireball...

2 points to give a magic to a figure... then you spend the points you didn't use on your army for your magic..
mabe two points per target for the fireball, one point for the # of inches away the target is, and three points per damage you wish to do...

things like taht.