[Grixis Commander] Combo-animator

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Terentius, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Terentius The Instigator

Name of this deck comes from the concept from one of my Constructed decks, which I came to call the Pain-animator. However, this one started as an attempt at a Madness Commander deck; I still want to make that, but the best Commander for it is probably Olivia right now, and I'd want it to be Grixis colors.

Anyway, main combo is Kiki-Jiki/Zealous Conscripts for infinite haste creatures, which I will tutor for/entomb/reanimate if I get one of the pair in my hand. If that doesn't happen, I'll mostly likely try to hit big with Unearthed/reanimated Annihilator creatures and other big guys. There are also smaller-scale combos with combinations of Kiki, Deadeye Navigator, Palinchron, Tyrant of Discord, Inferno Titan, and Gilded Lotus. Also some cheating of creatures destined to be sacrificed from Sneak Attack and Unearth with flicker effects.

Decklist is here. Dream Halls and Cauldron Dance are a trial run.

Annotations to come.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Wow, this one is cheesy, which of course means I like it. Dream Halls is a pet card of mine, although I'm uncertain if it's a good fit here.

I've played around with graveyard combos a lot and I have some old notes that might have something relevant to this sort of deck, but I'm drawing a blank going from memory, so I'll have to dig them up. Looking forward to seeing where this goes if you do continue exploring the concept.
    Terentius likes this.
  3. Terentius The Instigator

It's actually winning the majority of scrimmages between the other two Grixis decks I've posted.