Greeting, hellos, and hi's

M

manchot_13

Hello everyone... just an introduction:

i'm manchot_13 (it's french for penguin or one legged cripple, but i meant the first)

I enjoy casual magic far more than tornament capable any time. From a tolarian deck based around prosperity, to a land deck, to a bazaar of wonders deck i try to do everything. I also have a more serious red lock deck and a type II blue, but those are of no real concern.

My personal favorite deck is my Serra Avatar deck, which is, you guessed it, based around playing and using serra avatar as quickly as possible with elves, and then lots of noble purposes to back it up. A lot of the deck... such as the new rhystic circles and the old story circles rely on all the mana it creates.

I love Serra Avatar.

but, aside from a somewhat disturbing card obsession my other two favorite cards are ertai and time elemental...

but anyway... since i doubt if very many people will read this post i'll leave it at that!

nice to meet all of you... sort of

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Nice meeting you too, manchot_13, and welcome to our little corner of the world. Happy posting! :D

G

garfobosonfire

Welcome in the words of Slipknot "Maggot". Although I dont personally think u r one. Just thought id say that, sorry. :(

A

Apollo

Just ignore him. He doesn't make sense to us either.

Welcome to the CPA. Have fun!

Apollo

T

theorgg

Wealcome.

I have an unhealthy obsession/identification with The ORGG. matter of fact, I AM THE ORGG!!!

[me]coughs[/me]

see what I mean?

M

manchot_13

Number one: Is it immoral to build a deck based around decking someone with bargain?

Number two: As far as the little deck contest thingy goes, i posted an entry as a responce to one of the messages about it, but everyone else is posting it to the main page, how do they do this?

Number three: What is in your opinion the most fun (or favorite) "bad" card in prophecy? in all of magic?

G

garfobosonfire

I can answer your #1. I think it is immoral to play with Bargain. Because u have a very good chance of winning. It takes the fun out of the game. Trust me, i made one and played with it for a while. I won 9/10 of my games, and almost all were done before the 4th turn. I hated that. It was just too fast and no fun.

F

FadingInsomniac

TAG GUARD

Hello, manchot_13. Welcome to the party that is the CPA!

F

FadingInsomniac

TAG GUARD

Oh, by the way, I think that it's immoral to create a deck centered around Bargain, but I don't have anything against having one Bargain in the deck. Any more, and you run the risk of ruining the game.

M

manchot_13

not yawgmoth's bargain

Bargain
2W
Instant

You gain seven life and your opponents get to draw a card.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

As to your questions:

1) No.

2) I think Ed answered it after your reply thing.

3) You might want to re-post the question in General, CPA Issues, or CPA Voting (pick one!) to get more of a response.

A

Apollo

1) no. what set did that come from anyway?

2) click on "submit an article"

3) post in in the voting forum

Apollo

I

Istanbul

Bargain was never in Visions. Just to be sure, I looked at my set of Visions.

It's obviously a Starter-only card, and thus not legal.

M

Mikeymike

I know Bargain was in Portal 2. I would say you shouldn't play it in Duel decks but I don't think anyone in a group game would have a big problem with it. The card is balanced compared to what's in the T2 enviro right now.

To answer your Prophecy Q
Task Mage Assembly. This card was created for group players, right now I own one and its in my Enchantress Beatdown deck (G/R/W) and I've already been cursed out for it. It works well in the deck b/c my Enchantress can't be targeted and my creatures are usually huge. Plus with all my mana acceleration in the deck (and Earthcraft, hehe), I can usually wipe the board clean in 2 or 3 turns. I was tired of with Masticore so I replaced it w/ TMA, and for this deck it is actually superior. Very cool group card.

C

Cateran Overlord

Welcome to the CPA, home of pure madness in one happy little bundle!

*NOTE* Dismiss anything said by garfobosonfire as random babbling about or by Slipknot. As Apollo said, he doesn't make sense to any of us :)

1) Yawgmoth's Bargain would be a definitive no, unless the deck is not some gay combo deck like "Sabre" Bargain. Bargain the card, on the other hand, is fine, and I would love to see more silly combos like this. I'd love to know how it works.

3) Yes, I skipped 2, but that was already answered. TMA is very tourney worthy (Blastoderm! in fact I call the deck "Blast Mage Assembly" to make my opponent think it uses Blater Mage the spellshaper :) I'll post this in the decks section soon so everyone can see it, it's hilarious fun to play) The most fun "Bad" (based on popular opinion, I like them all) card in Prophecy is Infernal Genesis or Dual Nature. They are literally insanity in multiplayer, and it shows when there are about 10,000 token creatures on the board because of them)