Great Site!

Discussion in 'New & Returning Members' started by WhiteMagic, Aug 16, 2000.

1. WhiteMagic New Member

I'm a relatively new Magic player - I was introduced to the game by two friends that enjoy playing for fun. Because we are all often busy, I started looking for someone else to play casually with, and to my surprise found that even the "casual" games at a local game shop where full of rude players who talked trash and only seemed interested in winning by turn 4...

This site is exactly what I was looking for, and I'm looking forward to participating. After all, if we aren't playing to have fun, why are we playing? :) Keep up the fantastic work on the web site!

PS Any play-for-fun types in the San Francisco Bay area?
  2. theorgg Slob

Lemme try to be the first one to welcome you. Encourage your friends to drop by here and post often, too..
  3. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

Lemme try to be the second one to welcome you. Encourage your friends to drop by here and post often, too..
  4. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Tag Guard

Welcome to the CPA
  5. rkoelsch Angel Boy

SanFrancisco such a beautiful town. Cost of living will kill you but very nice. Unfortunately I live in Ohio. But
    welcome and maybe we will play online some time. Also if there is another shop give it a try. Even most competetive players are usually pretty friendly. There are some people that don't understand it is just a game.
  6. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Hiya! :) Welcome aboard!

/begin{nickname speech}
    Ok, here's the deal. I'm your friendly neighborhood nickname guy. :) See those neat-o little orange nicknames people have under their names? If you Private Message me (see the button at the bottom of this post with 'PM' on it?) with a request, I'll give you one. :)
    /end{nickname speech}

I'm nowhere near San Fran, I'm afraid... My uncle is, and I've been wanting to teach him, but unfortunately, time and distance have gotten in the way of any such efforts...
  7. caesar Mercenary General

Welcome to the CPA, where bad advice and good people come in droves.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

9. theorgg Slob

by the way: Heil Caesar! mortei propes salutate!

Nice to have a famous guy here..
  10. Apollo Bird Boy

Welcome!

Hey, Zadok! You're just copy and pasting that speech, aren't you? You're not even trying anymore!
  11. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

I gave up. :) I've been typing out a unique version like three to four times a week, and it gets kinda tiring...

ALRIGHT! You got me! So I'm a lazy bastard! Get used to it!

(And, for the record, there have been _minor_ changes in the speech from time to time, since I was getting the strangest requests in my PM box... :) )
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

you just keep setting me up...

Those strangest requests are all NICKNAME related, right?

:D
  13. nanokill Veteran CPA Member<BR><FONT co

Welcome to the CPA. I* hope u can tell the difference between good advice and bad advice. (u need to here)j/k