Goodbye........

G

Griffion2000

I'm sorry guys, but I have to quit magic.
I don't have the time or the money to keep it up.
My grades are failing and my familiy and I are drifting apart.
I might still be able to vist here, but not very often.......

Goodbye!!!!!!

D

Darsh

Take this advice, do not sell your cards you might get back into the game.
Bye:(

H

Hawaiian mage

Well, maybe when you come back you can get your name spelled right. :)

Sorry to see you go.

N

NeuroDeus

I am sorry about you situation but like you I am completely broke and my marks and studying have gone badly. The last things of Magic I bought was 2 boosters way a month ago and I am stuggling with what I have. I don't even have money to buy some commons! For studying do not attribute it to Magic. Magic gets a lot of stress off my mind (as long as a tourney is not next door) and gets my level of Creativity up (just read the names :) and even my english.

Do not sell the cards...maybe in 2 yrs time you might stumble upon your cards and start again being in better times. And your old Rishadan Port will be more than a good trade! It might be the next Black Lotus :)

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm sorry about your situation back home, and I'll miss your excellent card ideas. The new CPA sets could always use you if you return. [me]salutes the esteemed Griffion[/me]

You shall always be welcome here my friend.

D

DÛke

...and make sure that you know no matter what happens, we'll always be here for you and anyone in need of any advice man. You just joined, that's a shame to see you leave so fast! You'll leave, but your spirit will stay, and live.

A

Apollo

Bye, Griffion. It's too bad you have to go out like this, but hopefully we'll see you again someday. Good luck getting your life straightened out.

S

Smithy

That news is some downer.

Come back when things get sorted buddy.

Lets just say it's just goodbye for now, ey.

G

Griffion2000

Just to let all of you know, I've been able to fix most of my problems.

1. My dad and I now have 'father and son day' every sunday, so thats getting fixed up.
2. I hired a tutor (with the little money I used to buy magic cards) to get my grades up.
3. And, I've freed up lots of time for magic, rpging, ect...

Unfortunetly, I have only $10 a month to buy magic cards (I guess that meens the common bin for me :D)

So, I'll be talking about magic, just not playing it ;)

N

nodnarb24

If your only going to get $10 a month to spend on magic, go to ebay. You can get cards on the cheap. Usually around a buck for an average rare maybe even two rares.

K

krichaiushii

Conversely, save the $10 a month until a new set comes out, then buy however many boosters you can afford. That should round out the commons problem, netting you 2-4 of the commons you want, as well as provide you with enough rares and uncommons to judge the set. Keep what you need and trade the rest off to set-builders for additional copies of that cool rare.

Plus, the anticipation of and actually ripping open a large number of boosters always cheers me up. ;)

A

Apollo

Yay! He's not gone!

I'm glad you got everything fixed up. If you don't have it already, I recommend downloading Apprentice, where you can play with all the Magic cards for free.:)

N

nodnarb24

Griffion should be offended because he wasn't important enough to give Zadok a heart attack. :D

Z

Zadok001

[me] was frickin' OUTTA TOWN!!! [/me]

Believe me, upon returning, the requsite heart attack occured perfectly well timed, without any interruption. :( That kind of news is EXTREMELY distressing...

Good to see everything worked out, though. Unlike movies, threads should _always_ have a happy ending. :)

M

Mikeymike

Welcome back. Can that be considered a hiatus? The most important thing you said was how you and your father put time aside for each other, right on.

I'm going to combine nodnarb24's and krichaiushii's ideas. Save your money and by people's collections off ebay. You'd be amazed what I've gotten for $30-50. The non-professional looking auctions that take paypal or billpoint are your best bet for good steals.

D

Duel

I agree. Go through "Rich man, poor man" phases. Get alot of money, and then spend it all. It's really fun.

G

Griffion2000

Aww, I didn't know you all cared for me that much, me being here for only one month :)

Griffion blows his nose and wipes a tear....

Enough with the mushy stuff, and thanx for the good advice everyone ;)

Note to Duel: I would go - Poor man, Hobo man.... :D