Gold, it's everywhere

M

Major Crime

Guest
Now I like gold cards, if they are in a format I will most likely try to use them in a deck.
I was not happy when they got rid of gold cards. I was really happy when they brought them back, but looking at how many gold cards are in this last set, I can see Wizards plan back firing & the players are going to start moaning that there are two many gold cards in the sets. Made worst that most are mid range costs for small to mid creatures, which seem to just bounce cards to your hand.

But they are still some good ones in there, which have gone straight into my gold deck.

I tink for the next set they should loss a quarter to a third of the gold's they have in this set, put in at least eight artifacts & any spare slots go to main colours.
 
I

Istanbul

Guest
I'll agree that Planeshift is very high on gold cards, but let's remember that they have a few years to make up for. :) Seriously, though...I actually do agree that they need to cut back on the gold cards, but not much.
 
H

Hetemti

Guest
What people don't like about them is:

1) They are sub par. Sure, a 2/2 Prot critter for 2 colored is good, but not ground breaking. People want gold cards like Spinal Embrace. Expensive, but look at what it can do: I take your critter, I hit you with your critter, I kill your critter, I gain life. That's some good, and has proven to be game-breaking in casual.

2) All these gold cards are allied. If WotC wants us to play Trichrome+, we need some anti-color cards.

3) Gold cards are less portable than monochrome. Terror works in any deck with black in it. Terminate works in any deck with black and red in it. You don't splash two colors for a single card. That's some bad in Limited. Too many gold cards mean too few deck possibilites, and that is a Bad Thing™.
 
Top