Global Kher-nquest [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
When I built my first Rohgahh deck in January of 2022, I did not anticipate that I'd be running a Kobolds deck again within the same year, let alone another Rohgahh deck. Well, WotC gave us a new version of Rohgahh, so now we're doing this. We're making this happen. Both decks are running a bunch of kobolds, but they're otherwise pretty different. The first deck had a gameplan of making token copies of Kobolds of Kher Keep, letting my commander's ability give them to an opponent, and then punishing that opponent. This deck (hopefully) makes dragon tokens. And kobold tokens. Lots of tokens.

Commander:
1 Rohgahh, Kher Keep Overlord

1 Abrade
1 Ancient Copper Dragon
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Animate Dead
1 Arid Mesa
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Badlands
1 Balefire Dragon
1 Belbe's Portal
1 Black Market
1 Bladewing the Risen
1 Blasphemous Act
1 Blood Crypt
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Bogardan Hellkite
1 Bone Splinters
1 Burnt Offering
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Chandra's Ignition
1 Changeling Outcast
1 Chaos Dragon
1 Chaos Warp
1 Cloudstone Curio
1 Command Tower
1 Crimson Kobolds
1 Crookshank Kobolds
1 Crown of Flames
1 Crux of Fate
1 Culling the Weak
1 Dance of the Dead
1 Dark Ritual
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Deserted Temple
1 Dragon Mage
1 Dragon Tempest
1 Dragon's Hoard
1 Fabled Passage
1 Faithless Looting
1 Gauntlet of Might
1 Goldspan Dragon
1 Haunting Voyage
1 Heartstone
1 Jeweled Lotus
1 Kher Keep
1 Kobold Drill Sergeant
1 Kobold Overlord
1 Kobold Taskmaster
1 Kobolds of Kher Keep
1 Kokusho, the Evening Star
1 Last One Standing
1 Last Voyage of the _____
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Luxury Suite
1 Mana Echoes
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Minion of the Mighty
10 Mountain
1 Mutavault
1 Necromancy
1 Nogi, Draco-Zealot
1 Panharmonicon
1 Phyrexian Altar
1 Polluted Delta
1 Prismatic Vista
1 Rise of the Dark Realms
1 Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh
1 Rohgahh of Kher Keep
1 Rosnakht, Heir of Rohgahh
1 Ryusei, the Falling Star
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Sol Ring
1 Springleaf Drum
5 Swamp
1 Taunting Kobold
1 Taurean Mauler
1 Terror of the Peaks
1 Universal Automaton
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Victimize
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Worldgorger Dragon
1 Wrathful Red Dragon

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know what's going on, but I've scarcely ever seen so many opening hands full of lands. This deck has utterly failed to function, and wasn't really granted much time to stabilize on account of every table I'm playing at having some racecar maniac high-power decks that want to end the game on turn 6. Rohgahh wasn't going to win against those guys anyway. So yeah, this one has been frustrating.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Finally got to make some dragons with this deck, but that was cut short when an opponent set up Chulane, Teller of Tales + Mana Breach + Shrieking Drake. This deck really can't catch a break.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Still can't catch a break. Looking back, it's surreal how much better my old Rohgahh deck did.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tried this deck again. Did a lot of damage to all three opponents. Two of them were big threats to me and I had to divide my focus. Perhaps I misplayed that game. Eventually I went for a big play with Wheel of Fortune and totally whiffed on it, drawing four lands, Jeweled Lotus, Taurean Mauler, and Lightning Greaves. It felt pretty bad to reload everyone else's hands and not have any followup, since I had mana and even had Belbe's Portal out. But as I pointed out to myself almost immediately, if I had not cast that Wheel of Fortune, I would have been topdecking those lands until I died anyway, so it would have been a slower, more miserable death.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I used to be sad about this deck, but it's gotten to the point where it's kind of funny, in an exasperating way. The deck's not that bad! I promise it's not that bad. There are good cards here. I've come this close to making gamebreaking plays, and somehow it always falls apart. Every single time. I can't bring myself to quit. I'm keeping this sucker around until it truly gets to shine. Some day...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, this deck won twice...

...while it was being played against me. Yeah, I let someone borrow this deck and the Titania deck and he wrecked me with this one twice and the other deck once. I'm counting that as a win. Hell, I'm counting it as two wins. Three? Wait, no. Anyway, Rohgahh is pretty cool.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As I mentioned in the statistics report, for 2023 I'm prioritizing revising old decks over creating new ones. Trying to, anyway. Here's my start...

-1 Ryusei, the Falling Star
-1 Crown of Flames
-1 Heartstone
-1 Panharmonicon
+1 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
+1 Mana Vault
+1 Blood for the Blood God!
+1 Diabolic Intent

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Piloted this one in a pretty long game. I never actually drew any of the new inclusions, but the game was pretty good. Awkwardly, my eventual victory was achieved after a board stall, because I had both Kher Keep and Deserted Temple, so I was able to churn out a bunch of "Kobolds of Kher Keep" to add to the ones my commander made. I had 7 of them, then cast the OG Rohgahh of Kher Keep. With both Rohgahhs and Rosnakht, Heir of Rohgahh on the battlefield, my 0/1 tokens were attacking as 5/5 tokens. My last standing opponent's lifegain deck (helmed by Shanna, Purifying Blade) had climbed back up above starting life, but couldn't withstand this assault.

I believe that this has been the only time I've seen Rohgahh of Kher Keep used so successfully to fulfill the card's original intended purpose.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Won a ridiculously long game with this deck. The whole table kept getting hit by board wipes, and I was in a lousy position almost the entire time. Because it lasted so long, I was eventually able to use Rise of the Dark Realms to get enough dragons on the battlefield that when I followed it up with Blasphemous Act, the triggers from Wrathful Red Dragon killed my opponents. I hadn't really thought of winning in that manner before, and it was kind of ridiculous, but hey, at least it closed out the game.