Gitrog County Mana-Laundering Scheme [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Recently in "Magic Memories" I mentioned that I have the cool new printing of Life from the Loam, and that I wanted to use it in a deck. I also wanted to do a Loam deck for yesterday's West Coast Commander League Event, which included a special point for putting 20+ lands onto the battlefield. Of course, I procrastinated. And was away from home more than I counted on. So yesterday morning, I frantically took apart Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal (temporarily) and built this from it and some other cards I had lying around.

So the deck did its job, but I botched the construction in a few ways. Firstly, I was wary of running cards that led to infinite loops, which meant I cut almost everything that could interact with Savra. So she definitely should not have stayed in here! Secondly, I failed to consider how easy it is to go infinite with Seasons Past. And indeed, I did achieve an infinite loop, although it was in a weird game and this wouldn't ordinarily have happened. What happened was that I had a bunch of elementals from Titania's ability, and then I tapped all of my lands except Gaea's Cradle (I think it was 22 lands at the time) for mana, then sacrificed them to Zuran Orb for life. The Gitrog Monster drew most of my library. Sacrificing all of those lands made more elementals with Titania, so Gaea's Cradle tapped for a ton of mana. I sacrificed it too. Then I cast Spledid Reclamation, which brought all of my lands back, which caused Lotus Cobra to make a bunch more mana. This left me free to use Abundance, Gaea's Blessing, Krosan Reclamation, Seasons Past, Crop Rotation, and Splendid Reclamation to continuously sacrifice and redeploy my lands, gaining infinite life, infinite mana, infinite 5/3 elementals, infinite 1/1 insects (from Worm Harvest), infinite +1/+1 counters on all of my creatures (from Mazirek), and as many card draws, effectively, as I wanted. Oops!

Commander:
1x The Gitrog Monster

1x Abundance
1x Anvil of Bogardan
1x Assassin's Trophy
1x Azusa, Lost but Seeking
1x Barren Moor
1x Bayou
1x Bazaar of Baghdad
1x Bloodstained Mire
1x Boundless Realms
1x Burgeoning
1x Constant Mists
1x Crop Rotation
1x Crucible of Worlds
1x Cultivate
1x Dark Petition
1x Dark Ritual
1x Darkblast
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Elvish Reclaimer
1x Entomb
1x Exploration
1x Explosive Vegetation
1x Exsanguinate
1x Far Wanderings
1x Finale of Devastation
11x Forest
1x Gaea's Blessing
1x Gaea's Cradle
1x Genesis
1x Genesis Hydra
1x Glacial Chasm
1x Golgari Grave-Troll
1x Grazing Gladehart
1x Harrow
1x Khalni Heart Expedition
1x Kodama's Reach
1x Krosan Reclamation
1x Life from the Loam
1x Lotus Cobra
1x Manabond
1x Marsh Flats
1x Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
1x Misty Rainforest
1x Mox Diamond
1x Nature's Claim
1x Nissa's Renewal
1x No Mercy
1x Nurturing Peatland
1x Oracle of Mul Daya
1x Polluted Delta
1x Rampaging Baloths
1x Rampant Growth
1x Ramunap Excavator
1x Regrowth
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Savra, Queen of the Golgari
1x Seasons Past
1x Shambling Shell
1x Skullclamp
1x Sol Ring
1x Spike Weaver
1x Splendid Reclamation
1x Squandered Resources
1x Stinkweed Imp
1x Strip Mine
9x Swamp
1x Sylvan Library
1x The Mending of Dominaria
1x Titania, Protector of Argoth
1x Toxic Deluge
1x Tranquil Thicket
1x Ulvenwald Hydra
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Windgrace's Judgment
1x Windswept Heath
1x Wooded Foothills
1x World Shaper
1x Worm Harvest
1x Zuran Orb

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm a bit bummed out that I forgot to dig up the box with my Stronghold cards for a copy of Horn of Greed. Haven't used the card in forever and this was the perfect opportunity. Oh well. If another such opportunity comes up, I'll remember it for next time!