Gifts Rock for MP

Killer Joe

This deck is based off of the popular "Gifts-Rock" deck that's flooding the "Extended" tourney scene right now. I played it the other night with Mooseman and he can tell you if it worked or not :)
It has its weaknesses but I'm working on it. The list is has only changed slightly from the originals on the tourney scene now.
Again, this is a MULTI-PLAYER deck and not a dueling deck, the SB is for the Living Wish only so if its not a creature then I can't access it. I know I need at least one more Living Wish and I'll be working on that soon.

Creatures
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
3 Eternal Witness

3 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Ravenous Baloth
1 Genesis

Sorceries
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Syphon Soul

3 Gifts Ungiven
3 Putrefy
2 Living Wish
2 Pernicious Deed
1 Telepathy
1 Duress
1 Vindicate
1 Death Grasp
1 Damnation

Lands
4 Forest
4 Windswept Heath
3 Overgrown Tomb
2 Polluted Delta
1 Golgari Rot Farm
1 Island
1 Plains
1 Savannah
1 Scrubland
1 Swamp
1 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
1 Watery Grave

Sideboard for "Living Wish" not for duels since this is a MP deck
1 Harmonic Sliver (This is the one that's a CIP Disenchant effect no "may" though :))
1 Meloku, the Clouded Mirror
1 Meddling Mage
1 Eternal Witness
1 Tradewind Rider
1 Withered Wretch
1 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Nekrataal
1 Mageta the Lion

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It did hold it's own in a 5-star game, and that was against 2 very good decks. I played a sigil of sleep, unfocused, random bunch of cards as one of his "allies", while the other "ally" played a mediocre dredge deck.

One question, the gifts part of the name is fairly evident, but why "rock"?
Please be lenient to the nickname-challenged....

Killer Joe

Don't know, don't really care :rolleyes:

I may have this wrong but the original "The Rock" deck had Spiritmonger and he is tough like "The Rock" who I suppose is some kind of actor-wrestler???? :confused:

Later "...and his Minons" was added for the little tough creatures that went with it but i don't remember what they were.

But like Paul Sligh's original cheap red creature deck the nickname "Sligh" soon became the name of any deck that was fast with cheap-effecient creatures in it.

I suppose I could re-name it "Eternal Gifts" because I use genesis to get back Eternal Witness and to get more goodies out of my graveyard like Syphon Soul et al.... :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
HAH! My experience is good for something!!!!

I used to play at Neutral Ground/New Wave in Atlanta where the creator of The Rock and his Millions, Sol Malka, frequented. The original "Rock and his Millions" was created before Invasion Block. Phrexian Plaguelord was the original beatstick, or "Rock" and "his Millions" were produced by Deranged Hermit.

Hierarch and Baloth are good, but wht signficant impact to they have on the board? Sure, their synergy is nice, but it seems to me like you merely have a life gaining monster rather than "Rock." Where're the black creatures?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ransac said:
I used to play at Neutral Ground/New Wave in Atlanta where the creator of The Rock and his Millions, Sol Malka, frequented. The original "Rock and his Millions" was created before Invasion Block. Phrexian Plaguelord was the original beatstick, or "Rock" and "his Millions" were produced by Deranged Hermit.
Beat me to it.

Killer Joe

I actually don't play the deck as a "Beat-down" deck. First of all I only sorta like it, it has way too many creatures in it for me personally but i gotta go with what I think will do well in a 5 plus multiplayer game. The MML.

I gain enough life to survive long enough to get the whole Telepathy/Cabal Therapy thing going so I *pluck* goodies from folk's hands. :p

Plaguelord? Hmm,...maybe I like that.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
HAH! My experience is good for something!!!!

So the "Rock" part of the name really doesn't describe the deck much......
Wouldn't "The Lord and his furry friends" have been a better name...... :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The Rock applies to the deck as such:

1: The main beatstick was Plaguelord, who uses his "millions" as a way to clear the path.
2: Sol Malka loves The Rock....... that's all you need.

Ransac, cpa trash man