Gaze of the Gorgon

M

Mikeymike

Gaze of the Gorgon - 3B/G
Instant - Common
Regenerate target creature. At end of combat, destroy all creatures that blocked or were blocked by that creature this turn.

OK, so this card isn't especially cheap, but it is sneaky. My favorite part about it is that it is untargeted creature kill. You target your creature to make the effect happen. Goodbye Phatom Centaur, Morphling, Multani, etc.

Now, I'm curious how it interacts with Pro-Black/Green creatures, but my guess is that it would destroy them, just like Wrath of God destroys Pro-White creatures.

I can't say that going play this card immediately (especially with cards like Putrefy available), but I will tip my cap on a well designed card.

N

Nightstalkers

Yeah, it'll kill off anything that has protection since it's non-targetting.

Sneaky, but expensive. Not exactly something that I'd throw into a deck unless it's a draft or something simply because of its cost. Unless of course you threw it on a Taunting Elf or something.

O

orgg

Hooray! Venomous Breath is strictly outclassed now!

...wait, did I say 'hooray?' I LIKED Venomous Breat... :(

M

Mikeymike

Just want to add one more thing since I've been fooling around with this card.

Very often is 2-for-1 card advantage, since instead of losing your chump-blocker, your opponent loses their alpha-striker. It might be limited to combat tricks, but it is not difficult to set this thing up exactly how you want to. And once you do play it, your opponents become far more reluctant to block your 2/2s or attack with their 6/6s.

N

Nightstalkers

Well, since it's got that whole hybrid cost there, you can throw it into your G/W decks... those new archers would be a nifty deal to be out there gettin' a pounding and giving the stare down to whatever baddies your opponent decides to swing your way.