GauntletKing

G

GauntletKing

Hey all!

Glad I finally found a place for indulging all day Magic geekness in a safe and sane way:)

I'm a 5 way collapsible player at heart, but I enjoy booster draft also.

The 5 way collapsible casual format adds a bit of diplomacy and favor trading to the game. Politics in Magic!

Normal chaos until the 1st person dies, then that person goes back to 20 and the 4 left split into teams, opposite one another (you are not sitting next to your new teammate.) The teammates can share life, but one teammate cannot give more than the other needs to remain at 1 life. life loss and paid life cannot be borrowed from the partner with enough life. teammates cannot attack each other. When entering the attack phase, you must declare which player you are attacking, no split attacks.

Since the 2 people not next to you can potentially be your partner, generally people only attack the 2 players next to themselves, since they are almost never you partner when the first person dies. (I'm sure I'll get questions about the big earthquake that kills 3 people). Anytime more than 1 player dies at the same time, each goes back to 20 with no partner and the remaining players are on a team together.

Manaburn to be on your own team is ejection from the game, but PERMANENTS and SPELLS that make you lose life or take damage are fine.

Finally, effects and spells that affect all players but not the controller only affect the players adjacent to the controller.
Beast of Burden and Multani, exoskeletal armor, Soulless One, etc. only count the creature's controller and the player to each side. Pestilence, hurricane, etc- all players.

Ask more questions if you have them and try it out. It makes for good, long games where the more synergistic decks really shine.
(this is not an advertisement)

AND, if anyone wants to play on weeknights in the Baltimore Area, let me know, our group can always use fresh blood :cool:

G

GauntletKing

I'll travel anywhere around the beltway. Our group moves around between Glen Burnie, Columbia, so south of the Beltway mostly.

T

train

Hoping to be up there in a year and a half! - well less than half...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My group is in Pikesville but one is moving to PA so I'm not sure of its future. A couple of people here go to UMBC so I might go there...

G

GauntletKing

I got my tournament start at UMBC. The winning deck was blue black counter/mahamoti/sengir/royal/ control magic. You remember.

Anyway, UMBC is perfect for us, I'll even come to Pikesville. Wednesday is best.

N

Nightstalkers

Welcome to the casual players organization.

We are the underground authority on casual play, so keep coming and be amazed at what we have for ye.

NIGHTSTALKERS FOREVER!!!!

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll let you know probably next month what I can do after I see what happens to my group, but Mondays, Wednesdays, and one Thursday a month is bad for me... So maybe Tuesday or 3 Thursdays a month? I'll know better next month.

G

GauntletKing

Thanks for the warm welcome.

See everyone on the boards or in Pikesville:)