GASPcon6

Killer Joe

Gaming Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania's 6th annual Convention is this weekend (11/5-6/05)

I am GM-ing several tournaments to include:
~Friendly 2-Color Star where there are 5 players.
Player 1 is playing a WU deck
Player 2 is playing a UB deck
Player 3 is playing a BR deck
Player 4 is playing a RG deck
Player 5 is playing a GW deck
The objective is to eliminate your two enemies first and you win the game. An example of the two enemies would be:
Player 1 (WU) vs. Player 3 (BR) & Player 4 (RG)

Also

~Hostile 2-Color Star where there are 5 players.
Player 1 is playing a WB deck
Player 2 is playing a UR deck
Player 3 is playing a BG deck
Player 4 is playing a RW deck
Player 5 is playing a GU deck
The objective is to eliminate your two enemies first and you win the game. An example of the two enemies would be:
Player 1 (WB) vs. Player 3 (BG) & Player 4 (RW)

We are also playing our monthly Multiplayer Magic League game at the con.

I'm also running with an idea I read about at another convention and am calling it:

The GASPcon6 Magic:The Gathering Convention League
It runs the entire length of the con (Sat 9 am to Sun 9 pm).
Any conventioneer may play their best deck against any other willing conventioneer. They simply get a "Match Slip" from my table, play the best of 3 games, fill out the slip and turn it back to me. That's it. An overall winner will be announced on Sunday for the best record.

And lastly I'm running, in conjunction with Blue Star Games, Ravnica Drafts all weekend. For $13 they get three Ravnica boosters to draft with. Prizes are 8 Ravnica Booster packs to first place and 4 to second place.

I'm gonna be tired come next week but I figured I'll give it a go since last years Magic support was a bust :(

We're holding it at the Best Western in Greentree - Pittsburgh, PA

Wish me luck!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not attending, but how do you know what color you're playing? Do you find out in advance or find out at the door and have to build a deck right there (or I guess if you're lucky to own all of the cards, you can bring pre-built ones of all the color combinations)?

N

Notepad

I'd love to attend, but I fear a proxy is all that can make it through the net's various comm lines.

Can Paper Sefro attend as an honorary West Coast visitor/mascott? I'll send ya the image file to cut out and BAM! you gots yerself a Paper Sefro.

Killer Joe

Spiderman said:
I'm not attending, but how do you know what color you're playing? Do you find out in advance or find out at the door and have to build a deck right there (or I guess if you're lucky to own all of the cards, you can bring pre-built ones of all the color combinations)?
The thread was basically to let you guys know what I'm up to this weekend however, I understand that some folks are comming from other states to play WARMACHINE.

Most of the players have pre-registered for the slots and I had sent out many e-mails indicating that if they weren't sure if they'd want to participate or not so when they get to the con I have ten pre-constructed decks from various sets ready for their use.
I have the Saviors UW pre-con
The UB Dimir from Ravnica
The BR from Legacy
The RG from Betrayers or Champions?
The GW from Ravnica
The WB from Prophecy
UR from Apocalypse
BG Golgari from Ravnica
RW Boros from Ravnica
UG from Odessey

Killer Joe

I'm here "LIVE" at GASPcon6!!!
Okay, so by the time you read this I'll have gone to bed in my hotel room and getting rested for Sunday's events :rolleyes:

The MML was a massive 10 player game and a report may be in the works! We had the Friendly 2-Color Star Game and i didn't play I GM'd it though, the same for the Hostile 2-Color Star game.

I'm glad I didn't have to cancel them and I recruited up until the very last minute for each of them. havin the Pre-Constructed decks really helped sway people into playing.

Greylensman, Youngbeard and myself are here wishing you'll could be here.

We're having a great time!!!!

Later!