G/W T-2 "Tarzan"

W

Whimsical

I was playing against a friend of mine just this afternoon ... and he used a deck which kept losing badly. It lost badly to B/R Land Destruction. W/G Invasion format decks ate it for breakfast. U/W Millstone had it for a light snack (the Millstone deck was trashed completely by a Wildfire deck later). Mah friend J may not be the best Magic player in existence ... but he had a horribly amusing deck concept. Here's mah tune-up of it...

Tarzan, the Masked Wonder Strikes!

The Critters
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Vine Trellis
4 River Boa
4 Noble Panther
4 Charging Troll

The Usual Powerboosters
3 Rancor
3 Armadillo Cloak

Board Control
3 Seal of Cleansing
4 Pacifism
2 Saproling Burst (this card is SO unfair!)

The Adorable Gimmick
2 Treetop Bracers
2 Ancestral Mask

Powering All This Nonsense
11 Forest
10 Plains

Can't you just picture it? The Charging Troll wearing a mask with and a cloak, swinging from tree to tree? <laughs> I was really tempted to splash in Red just to put in Ghitu War Cry. That would take it out of T-2 though ... not to mention being a totally dud card. :D

The original deck that J used was actually U/G ... and it utilized Waterfront Bouncers, Seals of Removal, War Tax, Yavimaya Enchantress, and <shudder> Yavimaya Granger. As with mah usual tune-up for mah friends in reality, I try to keep the costs down. Noble Panthers can be replaced with Yavimaya Elders in a pinch ... and the Sapro-Bursts can be substituted with Afterlifes or an added Rancor and Armadillo Cloak. If you've got money to splurge though ... Argothian Enchantress just screams to be put in the deck. And Armageddons ... and Land Tax ... and Winds of Rath ... etcetera, etcetera, ad nauseaum. Season with rare cards to your liking!

Expect to lose often when using this deck ... but when (and if) you bring the Troll with the mask, cloak, and a bad attitude swinging from tree to tree to crash on your opponent's heinie ... <laughs> It'll be worth the wait. And the many, many losses you'll incur... :D

F

FoundationOfRancor

I kinda like this idea here...im to tired to comment about it however, sorry. All I wanted to say is that Rancor is out of type II.