Funniest Magic Story

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't really consider Nicol Bolas, as his "discard" ability can only affect one player and after that I would most likely be the target of the other three guaranteed. :)

I'll check into Prowling Pangolin, although I know I don't have any...

T

train

Ahh the old nicol trick...

yeah - I'm working on getting 4 in my sneak deck right now actually - have 3(1 is in chronicles set...) but will soon commence the beats with shallow graves also...

R

Rooser

before entomb was restricted my friend would seriously go first turn Rit, Entomb Nicol, Shallow Grave and WHAM I'm down to 13 and have no hand and haven't even had a turn.

Type 1 is hilarious.

Of course, this guy is ADHD and was throwing the contents of this deck at one of our other friends to piss him off, which resulted in the now infamous phrase, "Stop throwing Bazaar's of Baghdad at Dale!" Only with these guys would I ever hear that sentence shouted aloud.

T

train

That's the combo...

And throwing Bazaar of Baghdads could be fun...

N

Nightstalkers

This is pretty stupid:

I walked into this shop and saw some kids playing magic, so I waddled up, sat down, and watched. I sat there through five matches, and this kid keeps losing, even though he keeps changing decks that are "better" than the last. I'm thinking, this kid is a complete novice, so I open my pocket, and pull out my shadow deck that I keep on me all the time. I get the kid to use my deck, and I tell him that I'm only going to help him with the rules.

This kid gets out two 3/1 shadows, and two 2/1's on the first turn, next turn pumps them all to 5-6/2's, and attacks. Second turn kill.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by train
And throwing Bazaar of Baghdads could be fun...
You know, back in the Dojo days, I used to say that if I ever got a ABU Mox or Lotus, I would light the sucker on fire at a tournament, just to watch the horrified reaction of the people.

*Not that I would pay or trade for one...but if one ever found its way to my dirty paws*

I still stand by that creed. :D

T

train

New One...

Spidey, Az, and I are playing the MP game in Games Run, and Az and I wheel of fortune, pretty much - 3 straight times... of course Az and I didn't mind... but spidey didn't like watching his(I'm guessing) good hands be tossed by the wayside...

Turns out he won it by discarding lands to beat us down through a land's edge... lands he got with the wheel, that he didn't want us turning...:)

Hey - it's cool for an online version... Real version coming soon...;) :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind a Wheel when I only have a couple of cards, but not a full hand and not right after each other :)

The Land's Edge was just lucky and you put it out... I'm not sure I would have done so in your position, even if I was on the lower end of life (we were all pretty low though).

T

train

Actually - that gave me a deck idea - that I don't have all the cards for - but I'm working on it...

Wheel of Fortune - Haunting Echoes...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was in my first game of the second round in a casual tournament with my (new at the time) deck, HHT (Here, Hold This). First turn I play Dark Ritual-Necropotence. I look at my hand, smile and pay three life. My opponent, confused, asks me who is losing life here. I explain that I am paying life to get cards in my hand. He chuckles and says that's fine by him.

I proceed to counter every spell he plays and lose most of my life to Necropotence. Fourth turn, I play Illusions of Grandeur. He freaks out a little bit at my gaining 20 life, but then on realizing I'll lose it all when I can't pay an upkeep, regains his confidence.

After the Illusions hits the table and restores my life, I necro for around 30 cards. My opponent is perplexed. He doesn't get it. I'm killing myself. He even tries to help me out by informing me of this: "You're killing yourself!"

I was actually in the process of killing him. Yeah, with Donate, obviously...

The look on his face was just so satisfying. I wonder who he beat first round...

R

Rooser

Story not really that funny, but the way you told it sure was... :D