From the Vault: Exiled. Full list

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Here is the latest article, explaining each pick on this mini-set. I'm tempted to buy this. Really excited about some of these cards (Like Lackey, Nerco and D-Top).

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, looks like it's not for (full) release until 8/28. Have to wait until Gatherer gets updated (which is presumable after GenCon).

N

Nightstalkers

Yeah, they had some really annoying rules about getting one at GenCon. Something about having to be by a certain statue at a certain time to receive a certain item to be able to buy one. Buncha BS to be honest because most of the WotC crew had differing opinions as to where the event was being held.

I'll wait till it "officially" releases and pick up a couple just for the artwork.

T

train

I'll be getting some of these... More balances - for cheap... I'm good with that... Did I miss them doing other sets like this?...

I wonder if the "never-to-reprint" list "line" might be getting a little hazy?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You might have to look at the past From the Vault decklists to see...

WOTC made changes to the reprint policy a while ago, at least by the time of the Time Spiral block and the timeshifted cards, if not sooner than that...

T

train

I guess I knew of the timeshifts - but didn't think there were any shifted that were on the "do not reprint" list

T

train

sorry - I meant I knew it was similar to WoG - just was thinking it was a reprint-reprint - but i confuse me sometimes...

:sheesh:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think technically the reserved list is rather specific. So if they opted, for some reason, to print a blue instant that causes target player to draw three cards and called it "Consanguine Memory" that would still not be reprinting something on the reserved list.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright, so...

Reserved cards will never be printed again in a functionally identical form. A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.
Does contradict my fully identical example, but things can still get really close. Case in point: Nefarious Lich

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Spiderman;286130 said:
That's what I meant by "indirectly" (same effect, different color) :)
That's what Maro calls a "functional reprint"". There's a WoG clone in Zendikar btw.

So I got a box of FtV: exiled. And I still have a box of FtV: dragons. Anyone who knows a sucker errrr I mean really nice guy that has a fetish for sealed collector sets?