Free-for-all game

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure... ;) Although I was thinking, let's try a different format like Starter too (decks with the same commonality as Starter decks)

T

train

I'll play the no rare deck I designed to beat the World Champion decks...

It'll be the first time it's seen some action!...

(I'm not too familiar with what the Starter commonality distribution is...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure either; I was hoping one of you guys knew. It's like 3 rares, 15 uncommons, the rest commons or something like that?

T

train

You mean starter as in tournament pack!!!... I thought you meant the "Starter" as in beginning level Magic sets you buy...:rolleyes:

Gotcha...

Here's the breakdown - and I always suggest buying the tournament packs when you buy - that's what they call them now spidey...

you get 3 rares, 11 uncommons, a random foil(if rare you lose the extra uncommon), you get 25 land(maybe 20 I lose it, but we're not concerned about the land issuue), 5/4 of each type, and the rest are commons... all from the 75 card pack...

I could run the no rares deck and be fine with it... but whatever you all would like to do is fine...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I never buy them; the pre-release fees and a Magic box is pretty much what I can afford for a set (and now even the box is pushing it, since it looks like my playgroup is breaking up. Get over here train! :p )

I'm just used to the "Starter" decks you got in boxes back in the day, before these "preconstructed decks" WOTC puts out now :)

T

train

Yeah - you can get the pre-cons or you can get the tourney packs...

Tourney packs are the sealed deck/big block boxes you get along with packs...

I remember the good old starters though - and the rulebooks...

And Spidey - We're trying to get over there... I'm back in classes and actually enjoying looking at System Analysis...

soon...

hopefully...:D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I don't currently have any decks that have 3 or less rares in them, but if you give me the weekend I can root through my collection and probably come up with a pretty good deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I don't think I do either; I was probably going to modify an existing deck and see how it goes :)

T

train

cool... I'll let Az go first... or did we want to do this some other way?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If Az agrees, it could be him, you, and then me (from who lost to who won last game) or I can randomly roll again...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

That sounds fine to me. I've already got a deck. I was inspired today and I had all the commons needed to make a pretty good deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, I never got a chance over the weekend to revise/make a deck, but I'll try to do so today by the time it's my turn...