Fraternal Exaltation on auction at Ebay (very rare card)

I

Istanbul

See...

To me, that's not even a Magic card. To me, that's a special custom present. Meaning that unless you're in dire need of cash or no longer a friend, you keep it. If nothing else, then out of respect.

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by Istanbul
See...

To me, that's not even a Magic card. To me, that's a special custom present. Meaning that unless you're in dire need of cash or no longer a friend, you keep it. If nothing else, then out of respect.
I agree. If I were Richard Garfield I'd start a witch hunt to track down the person who's loyalty is for sale....but that's just me.

G

Gizmo

But you don't know he hasnt said to Garfield "hey bro, I need to pay for some treatment for my sick daughter... is it ok to sell that card you gave me, cos you said it would be worth a thousand or so if I wanted to sell it".

You don't have anywhere near enough information to get onto your high horse about this. You dont know that Garfield would be offended, you dont know he hasnt given his consent, you dont know the money isnt needed for a good reason.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Gizmo
You don't have anywhere near enough information to get onto your high horse about this. You dont know that Garfield would be offended, you dont know he hasnt given his consent, you dont know the money isnt needed for a good reason.
Who's getting on a high horse? We just think (well, myself anyway) that the card represents more than just a rare Magic card.

G

Gizmo

It's not the first of these sorts of things, I know some guys who owned a Genesis for while (the baby card) and nearly bought a Proposal for myself back in 98 (it was all I needed to complete my collection of Quinton Hoover artwork).

They're just neato collectors items.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Istanbul
See...

Read the text, Gizmo. Go on.
"Meaning that UNLESS YOU'RE IN DIRE NEED OF CASH..."
Get off your high horse, Gizmo.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay guys. Let's stop before this thread has to be moved to the Battle Forum :rolleyes:

Gizmo is right, no one knows enough info about the circumstances BUT that doesn't mean people can't express an opinion until they know more (and they reserve the right to change that opinion once new info comes to light).

R

Reverend Love

I say we beat Gizmo's horse. It's not dead yet. <---- I thought it was funny.

N

Notepad

If there are horses to be killed....

THEN SEFRO IS HERE WITH A FORK, A PLATE, AND A BIG FAT BELLY READY FOR FEEDING!!!

R

Reverend Love

I could see Afro doing the famous laugh while licking his lips eyeballing Gizmo's pony.,

N

Notepad

Couldn't download the laugh thanks to a lack of speakers, but I'll bet I'd do some sort of maniacal laugh when waiting for a big horse burger!

R

Reverend Love

Are you insulting Jabba there Tom? Silly moderator mind tricks..ooh. ooh .ooh. oooh.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
lol...you're right! That IS Jabba...Ever notice how much the laugh when you boot up D1 resembles him? It's...uncanny...;)