For all you dedicated Black players out there

R

rakso

Since casual players often don't carry sideboards, I'd go with Contagion and Diabolic Edict (they hit nonblack), and which one depends on the situation.

Contagion is key in the early game as you can cast it instantly without missing a beat and take out two creatures, especially annoyances like River Boa. It provides extra flexibility for weenie vs weenie matches, and later on, you can use support like Cursed Scroll to round out your anti-creature arsenal.

Diabolic Edict would be more useful for more control-oriented decks that need ways to take out larger creatures, especially Morphling. Yes, it is obvious that this sucks against weenie decks or, say, a deck that casts Erhnam Djinns with Llanowar Elves, but if you catch the opponent at the right time, you can get rid of those regenerating, untargetable and protection from black creatures.

Maybe one thing that was missed is Massacre, as it kills protection from black weenies as well and is an improved Stench of Decay.

And a note about Nekrataal... note that the wording on it is more powerful than the wording on Bone Shredder. Bury vs destroy, right?

D

Duel

Befoul.

I know, it's expensive, but it takes out regenerators, and also can target land, which makes it some good.

Personally, though, I don't know why you didn't all choose Avatar of Woe....

K

krichaiushii

Aren't Pestilence and Thrashing Wumpus forms of creature-removal for black? What about Royal Assassin, Minion of Leshrac, and Minion of Tevesh Szat? I like creatures that kill other creatures (Avatar of Woe has already been mentioned a few times).

For a single, targeted effect, I am partial to Expunge, for the reasons cited by TheGuyFromTheOtherPost (TGFTOP?). Massacre is fun, too.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i would have to say like this
1)diabolic edict
2)forced march(although it kills your creatures it is highly effective)
3)snuff out(cant regenerate)
but most importantly a creature kill combo is living death with urborg justice. god is that evil