Food of the CPA

T

Teferi

i was sitting at home eating a bag of Doritos and playin magic w/ my friends, i thought to my self "Gee, wilikers these sure are scrumdidly umtpious." then an idea (a new experince for me, i almost fell over) came to me, what do u guys like to eat when your playin magic?

as always, Teferi

B

Bob

I was resently eating Doritos while playing Magic! Hmmmm....

H

Hetemti

Eat NOTHING! Any foods or drinks are the worst things you can handle while playing! The cards get sticky, become harder to shuffle, lose their value, and can even begin to grow things if they are tainted by snacks and/or beverages.

Even with covers, the risk is there. Avoid!

H

Hawaiian mage

...Not to mention it actually makes you slower and play worse...

When I play magic, the only thing I might eat is the cards them selves (I bought like 50 Chaos Confetties a while back, their such cool cards) then just spit them out again. That's good eatin'.

G

Gizmo

Alcohol makes me play better.

At least...I don`t notice myself making so many mistakes.
;)

L

Landkiller

One of my friends once ate a FOIL giant cockroach!
<Not even kidding>

M

MrXarvox

I don't usually eat while I play.

On the topic's note however, I once had to give up an iced tea because of an ashnod's coupon. I was going to drink that!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Well normally i wouldn't...but this one time. This all started back when i signed up for the ORIGIONAL Guru Project(the one where you got a kewl shirt, which by some odd coincidence, I am wearing right now).

I quickly taught my cuzin(then 10)how to play. He picked up the game, and we played some games early on(i always beat him even though i was still pretty green at the game) He later taught my other cuzin, and they are both pretty good now(but not at deck building, thats my specialty of the family).

ANYWAY, one time at a county fair we were playin outside, but not just out side, in a barn, but not just in a barn, in the dirt(i had sleaves on my cards, my cuz's don't care). So we were all eating fair food of one type or another(hot dogs, pretzels, ect) and my youngest cuzing dropped nacho cheez on some of the cards...that weren't his. The kid's who they were was pissed, but wasn't that mad. So the moral of the story: cheez is good...but not for cards.

Z

Zhaneel

Lemme see... I think I ate ice cream while playing at Puff's house (w/ Brian and Steve, too)...

Oh yeah, and once we played at a Bob Evan's...

K

K9Archmage

one time, while playing against the multi-colored hamster that lives in my brain, i was eating some head lice. I accidently grabbed part of my eye and ate it! That hurt.
Moral: Don't eat your eye

HOipa

T

Turtlewax Joe

I'm not a big fan of eating and playing, but I always eat Funyuns while playing:p , or I don't play to my full potential.
(I'm serious!)

T

theorgg

Since we're talking about eating, I once devoured a Sea Troll.

Ask Sole Specter or LurkingEvil1. they witnessed it.

U

Ura

I used to eat Reese's Pieces while playing, but I got into the bad habit of using them for tokens and life counters, then I got in the worse habit of eating them at random and not having my life total anymore or token critters. :(

Z

Zadok001

My girlfriend would tell you I simply don't eat at all, but that would be a lie. :) I don't tend to eat while playing Magic, but I consume enormous amounts of liquid, usually some random fruit drink (i.e., Snapple, Frutopia, Fruitworks, whatever).

K

krichaiushii

Zadok -- when consuming liquids, never attemt to consume a case of Mountain Dew in one 5-hour period. It hurts. A lot (and I only got through 17 of the 24 cans...).

Eating is generally done during trading, or with a fork if playing. Drinking is pretty much a constant -- beer and coffee at home, or whatever generic soda my shopkeeper has stocked that day at the store.

M

MrXarvox

Speaking of consuming liquids...
I drink a gallon of cran grape a day.
I'm almost entirely immune to bacterial infection! :D

S

SwingMage

We used to drink when playing, until my friend spilled his arizona over our cards the third time. . .

D

Darsh

Urza's Saga Forests' are pretty tasty, but it gets ink all in your mouth...I usually just drink something or chew on some bubble gum.

G

Gerode

I eat an egg sandwich while playing Magic almost every Saturday morning.