Final Fantasy Tactics Advance!

N

Nightstalkers

I just got an email about it... Seems to be another FF title to me.

N

Notepad

Seems to be? Duh! :rolleyes:

It is a new version of Final Fantasy Tactics, but this time starring a youthful crew and apparently a less convoluted storyline (but I really liked the first one's storyline).

Unlike the basic FF series, this is more of a strategy game with a lot of RPG influence, rather than a pure RPG.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by SeFRo
Seems to be? Duh! :rolleyes:

I'm not too enthused about FF games... well, I haven't tried FF9 or FFX yet.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
I'm not too enthused about FF games... well, I haven't tried FF9 or FFX yet.
If VIII was the last FF you played I could easily understand. It was quite bad...IX helped redeem the series and X was really well done...

FF Tactics is still one of the best strategy games I've played on the PS/PS2. It was one of the few times a strategy game actually had RPG elements that WORKED. If the GBA versions is anything like the PSOne version it will be worth playing - provided you already own a GBA...

-Ferret

"It's a shame I'm going to be away from my PS2 when FF X-2 comes out..."

N

Notepad

Nightstalkers, try not to think of it in terms of right or wrong, but in what you need to hear...

Wait, that's from the Matrix...um...

Try not to think of it as Final Fantasy. This is much more like Orge Tactics, or even Advance Wars if you wanna make that stretch. But definitely much more like Advance Wars than Final Fantasy 8. Even closer to Warcraft than it is to FF8. Trust me.

If you like strategy games, you will like this game. If you don't like strategy games...long ones...(as this is 300+ hours of game play, if it meets as advertised) then avoid this sucker like the plague.

But don't base it on like or dislike for the FF series, because this is only remotely related to the namesake series.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If it's like Advance Wars, which I love as seen by my other thread, maybe I'll take a look at it. It didn't make that impression on me the first time I saw it, but I didn't really read about it in depth.

N

Notepad

The problem with FFTA is its part of that franchise, which gets it the old "oh, its another FF, so what?" reaction. It is a strategy game. Maybe check out a few online reviews, Spidey.

And my copy will be coming in a few days, so I'll be sure to let you know how it goes...and maybe even make a few comics about it. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, when I see FF, I think fighter game ala Mortal Combat or Street Fighter for some reason.

N

Notepad

Damn, I missed my copy. Turns out the UPS guy came to my door at 7am. JERK! And I happened to wake up "early" at 8am! GRRRR!!!

*frustrated*

The FFTA comics will just have to wait for now...

N

Nightstalkers

Nightstalkers, try not to think of it in terms of right or wrong, but in what you need to hear...
I finally found a game I like for playstation (Legend...) and I'm staying away from final fantasy just because I don't really get into that title too well.

From FF1 to FF7
I've played those all
Whether they be good
Whether they be bad
Will not become a slave to them all.

No thanks, I'm just reporting the news to you hardcore final fantasy fans.

N

Notepad

You even played the japanese-only FF3? You file kiddie! *cough* ROMS *cough*

NS, did you miss the fact that FFTA is nothing like the normal Final Fantasy games? It is a tactica; strategy with a few RPG elements in it, not one of those basic RPGs.

And, BTW~The game is friggen awesome! Music is average, but it is the only drawback. The game kicks butt for any strategy or RPG freak!