Figth Club

D

Duster

garfobo, you are aware there are more than one monty python movies?

While the Search For the Holy Grail is amazing, The Life of Brian is one of my top 10 all movies of all time, well so is the holy grail, but whatever.

As of now, I'd say my fave movie is the Shawshank Redemption, I'm not usually into deep movies, but this is incredible.

Go get it!

"You can call me...Tim."

I believe that quote from Holy Grail is the reason the Prodigal Sorcerer is called Tim? No?

G

garfobo

Duster, sorry i phrased that wrong, Monty Python: Search for the Holy Grail is the best, Meaning of ife isnt that bad either, and thats an odd coincidence with Tim, and the prodigal sorcerer!!

M

manchot_13

will someone here please explain what the Matrix was actually about? i mean every one says it was great and all... but i've seen it twice and i still don't get it...

M

Multani

Tag Guard

It took me a while to fully understand 'The Matrix'.
Basically:

In the future, machines has taken over the world. They use humans as power sources. These humans live in a computer program called the Matrix.
Now, the main characters in this are Morpheous and Neo. Morpheous and his crew can't free the people from the Matrix, but Neo can. Unfortunately, Neo doesn't know how and that's the idea of the movie. Watch it again. I bet you'll get it this time. ;)

C

Chaos Turtle

It is allegorically about eastern religion/philosophy.

The idea that the world around us is an illusion and that once we come to terms with the fact that nothing is real that we do not imagine, we can release ourselves from the constraints of our senses and become enlightened.

:) Basically.

U

urzas_mistress

i love ed norton. ^_^ i've watched my copy of fight club DOZENS of times... yeah i know i shouldn't have copied it, but when it is priced for "rental" at over 100 dollars, they are BEGGING for the thing to be rented and dubbed. when they release the tape at a reasonable price, i will buy it. (or i'll buy the already reasonably priced dvd to play on my new playstation when i get it.)

G

galtwish

I saw a promotional release that was much better than the theatrical release. There weren't any of the stupid premonitory flashes of Tyler Durden before you actually see him on the moving sidewalk in the airport. Additionally, there were minor editing (about a second here and there) differences in some of the scenes; leaving a shot a little longer or cutting quicker that gave it a more turbulent feel that really left you dazed and ready for the crushing hammer blow that was the ending. I know I'm a hyper-critical film geek, but these things made a big difference. Either that or I was really drunk and didn't realize it. It was much better without the crappy "everybody is an idoit, we have to show Brad Pitt is a phantom". The book has an extra chapter that didn't get into the movie, and ends very differently as well. But FC is one of the best movies of the 1990's (not all that hard considering Kevin Cosner lowered the bar so: Dances with Wolves, Robin Hood, Waterworld, The Postman, Blue Skies or whatever the hell that ass on a stick flick was).

The volume on everything else just got turned down
Erik

T

The Magic Jackal

Fight club was the sh*t! If you thought it was funny the first time, watch it the second time. After you figure out what the surprise ending was (I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet) it even more funny the second time. Think about the car scence. Now think about it w/ the surprise ending. Think about what the people in the back seat must have been thinking. LOL

D

Django

This movie is easily one of the Top 10 movies of all time. Ed Norton is just so friggin good. And Brad Pitt was very good too (although I don't like him in general).
I like the scene where he beats up himself in front of his boss.. and of course the ending scene. Majestic.