Fiction "Article" Content?

Discussion in 'CPA/WOTC Magic Issues' started by Notepad, May 3, 2004.

1. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Now, I know the site is a Magic-only site (thankfully we never became a Pokemon or Yugioh site...though I was never around here during the threat of Pokemon anyway, but I'm getting off the point). And unless I get hit on the head with a pair of bricks being used as cymbals, I think all my articles will pertain to MTG (though there were a few strays in the past with Diablo II comics...but that was a short fluke).

I was wondering: In the Fiction section for articles, do they have to be Magic-related, or can they be of a fantasy nature that MTG fans would likely enjoy? For example, fiction about some sorcerer going out to kill a dragon or whatnot. Not a Neurok Spy going to best a Shivan Dragon, but a generic wizard vs. dragon. (this is an example only)

Of course, I ask this because I have a few ideas floating around in my head for fiction stories and short serieses (is that a word? 8-ball sez: Hell Nah!) which are not fanfiction involving MTG. Of course, I could jack up the background so its a jury-rigged MTG fanfic, but I'd prefer to leave the ideas without MTG content.

Well, either way, I'm definitely planning on writing more fiction for CPA once I finish up with M94 (which hopefully will be soon).
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Because of the submission guidelines, I think they should be Magic-related. I personally don't have a problem with them just being fantasy or whatever, but we probably should follow the guidelines and change them first before allowing fantasy.
  3. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Thanks for the clarification on that, oh Webbed One! I'll jury-rig the plots to the ones I can.

The rest...will likely just go on my website.

So far I have only one MTG idea of the half-dozen story ideas, so that'll be first. The rest are non-MTG and will have to be scrambled a bit for location and such.

The town drunk will be replaced with an Atog...

The president of the USA will now be a talking Wumpus with a toupee...

This'll be fun. :D :D :D