Fiction "Article" Content?

N

Notepad

Now, I know the site is a Magic-only site (thankfully we never became a Pokemon or Yugioh site...though I was never around here during the threat of Pokemon anyway, but I'm getting off the point). And unless I get hit on the head with a pair of bricks being used as cymbals, I think all my articles will pertain to MTG (though there were a few strays in the past with Diablo II comics...but that was a short fluke).

I was wondering: In the Fiction section for articles, do they have to be Magic-related, or can they be of a fantasy nature that MTG fans would likely enjoy? For example, fiction about some sorcerer going out to kill a dragon or whatnot. Not a Neurok Spy going to best a Shivan Dragon, but a generic wizard vs. dragon. (this is an example only)

Of course, I ask this because I have a few ideas floating around in my head for fiction stories and short serieses (is that a word? 8-ball sez: Hell Nah!) which are not fanfiction involving MTG. Of course, I could jack up the background so its a jury-rigged MTG fanfic, but I'd prefer to leave the ideas without MTG content.

Well, either way, I'm definitely planning on writing more fiction for CPA once I finish up with M94 (which hopefully will be soon).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Because of the submission guidelines, I think they should be Magic-related. I personally don't have a problem with them just being fantasy or whatever, but we probably should follow the guidelines and change them first before allowing fantasy.

N

Notepad

Thanks for the clarification on that, oh Webbed One! I'll jury-rig the plots to the ones I can.

The rest...will likely just go on my website.

So far I have only one MTG idea of the half-dozen story ideas, so that'll be first. The rest are non-MTG and will have to be scrambled a bit for location and such.

The town drunk will be replaced with an Atog...

The president of the USA will now be a talking Wumpus with a toupee...

This'll be fun. :D :D :D