Favortie Invasion combos

M

Mikeymike

List some of your favorite combos to come out of the new set. Include whatever you like as long as it includes an Invasion card of some sort (and no Homelands cards, no just kidding).

By the way, 4 lands and a Fact or Fiction is not a combo.

WARNING--MY COMBOS WILL WIN YOU NO TOURNAMENT OF ANY KIND, BUT THEY MIGHT CAUSE SOMEONE TO SWEAR IN A CHAOS GAME OR GET YOU A HIGH-FIVE FROM YOU TEAMMATE.

DUAL LANDS/GLOBAL RUIN--Something you could actually build a deck around. Toss in a few Dream Thrushes to save you teammates lands and to kill off more of your opponent(s) lands.

DISTORTING LENS/ABOUT 40% OF THE CARDS FROM INVASION--Distorting Lens is so very powerful now. Limitless decks can and will be made incorporating the Lens. Like Washout, the Djinns, Rith and Dromar, Teferi's Moat, and more and more.

MANA MAZE/BLIND SEER--I'm not sure exactly if this would work, but I think it should counter their spell pretty much every time.

[Edited by Mikeymike on 10-26-00 at 09:16 AM]

Z

Zadok001

Pyre Zombie/Hammer of Bogardan

Not a combo? Play it a few dozen times against a creature deck. Trust me, it's a combo. :) (P.S. This is NOT something to do to your friends; they may decide you need to be eviscerated.)

D

Darsh

Recoil/Lobotomy
Fine, don't discard that card, just remove all copies you have from the game.:)

Sway of Illusion/Wash Out
Especially in Multiplayer:D:D
I think I'll return all creatures I don't control to their owners hands.:D:D

T

Thrash Golem

blind seer changes color of creatures in play, not ones being cast. its considered a spell until it has resolved

T

Thrash Golem

Well this is a combo I like:
Tectonic instability/veteran brawlers
(didnt say it was my combo, i just like it)

Reya Dawnbringer/Blastoderm
(casual, casual, too slow, but endless blstoderms is cool)

Empress Galina/Donate/Conspiracy
(dont know if it works but it would be funny!)

N

Namielus

Why would you want someone else to have your Empress Galina with donate, they could steal all your creatures with Conspiracy!

And Zadok then why oh why to you play it all the time!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mikeymike: Hey, you might want to edit your pick of Rift/Leng as a combo, seeing how the discussion went in the Decks forum :)

M

Mikeymike

It has been erased (hopefully before anyone can poke fun at me. Ow stop poking me! That fun is sharp.)

E

EricBess

Thrash Golem,

Read Blind Seer again. It can too change the color of a spell on the stack. However, it is still a question of debate whether or not it affects Mana Maze. The one thing that is sure is that it will not counter a spell already cast, it may only restrict the next spell that can be played.

Currently, however, the ruling is that Blind Seer will apparently not affect Mana Maze at all.

Blind Seer with either Alcolyte is quite good. Also does interesting things with Ascendant Evincar.

M

Mikeymike

Controversy on the CPA: The Blind Seer runs amok on the boards, causing chaos and turmoil. Will there be an end to this madness?

Anecdote concerning Darshes' Recoil/Lobotomy combo:

I'm playing a new B/U control deck 4 copies of each of the respective cards. My friend is playing a W/U control deck which deals with answers for everything. I don't play anything turn 3. On his turn 3, he taps out for an Old Man of the Sea (one of my least favorite cards). At the end of the turn I recoil it, he discards a Reverse Damage.

Him: Do you like that Recoil? I don't know if its quite worth 3 mana to snap a permanent and force me to discard. I do get to choose, that's a weakness.
Me: I love the fact that snaps any permanent, considering B and U have a tough time dealing with enchantments and artifacts, plus if they have no hand they are forced to discard it.
Him: Yeah but what are the chances of that happening? Usually it would just be a land. I'll let you guys test it out.
Me: OK with me(upkeep, draw). Island, tap out for Lobotomy, say goodbye to your 4 copies of the Old Man. Now what do you think about Recoil?
Him: (says nothing, just has a really disgusted look on his face).

Urborg Drake, Thieving Magpie and my 1 Undermine did him in. I like Invasion, a lot.

E

EricBess

Okay, Spidey, just Thwip me in the head. I can take it... :)

Namielus (going back a bit), Empress Galina has an activation cost, so unless your opponent is playing Islands, they cannot steal your creatures. Note that Golem said he wasn't sure if the combo would work. Throw in Phantasmal Terrain and Dream Thrush and I think you are onto something...

Also agree with Recoil/Lobotomy. Seer's Vision is also a nice support card. I play with Ravenous Rats and Waterfront Bouncers as well. Some fun...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Here's my favorite combo!

Swamp, Nightscape Apprentice.

YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, nutty as a nut can

F

fuzzy510

Any of the Leeches (Sapphire is Easiest)
Sleight of Mind
Donate

Simple: Sleight of mind the Sapphire Leech to say "(color of opponent's deck) spells you play cost U more to play." Since the U isn't a word, it isn't affected by the Sleight of Mind. Then, Donate the Sleighted Leech to your opponent. If you haven't figured it out yet, your opponent won't be able to play anything, unless they happen to be playing blue. If they are, just use any of the other Leeches.

L

Landkiller

The leech combo is cool, but doesn't do anything against multicolored decks. Use a Whim of Volrath (buyback Slieght of Mind, lasts until end of turn) instead to keep your opponent guessing which color is going to cost an extra blue each turn.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I came up with that combo anyway, John, so shut up! I already posted it!

That's a dumb sig anyway.

I like mine better.

Actually, I'm glad you're here. Now I can spam, but pretend I'm just doing it to insult you (although that's another reason :) ).

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Actually, Landkiller, paying U once makes more sense than 2U every turn. The Whim of Volrath can be slightly better than Sleight of Mind, but then that's only when you are playing against two color decks where both colors have removal, but you're a red player anyway, so why should you care?

If I was building a deck like this (and I'm not), I'd use both, or at least sideboard the Whims. Oh well.

By the way John, go to the battle arena for slicin's and dicin's. :) :) :) :D :D :D

John no oni! wasashi wa genki! Je suis désolé que je ne parle pas japonais fluid.

[Edited by Thallid Ice Cream Man on 10-27-00 at 06:42 PM]

F

fuzzy510

TICM, when did you post this? You came up with the Donate, Sleight of Mind, Derelor combo, but I in no way shape or form attempted to copy off of you! Nyaah!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

In terms of that combo, Derelor is certainly different from Alabaster Leech et al! Of course that was very original. :rolleyes:

Go to Casual Decks/Variants Etc. and look for a thread called "Slow Motion" started by someone named Duel. Look at the last post.