Favorite Season

Killer Joe

The "fall" is my favorite time of the year. In the old days I loved going to a friends house and watching the Steeler games out on the back porch tipping a few cold ones down in the November chilling breeze. these days I like going outside with my kids and watching them obliterate my nicely raked pile of leaves.

M

MrPapersHead

Being in the desert for so long makes me miss winter-time. It has been a long time since I have seen a real cascade of snow, or needed a real winter jacket. I remember being little, and all my friends from out block in New York (a strange idea out here, a community built on the people from your street. i'm lucky to get a hi sometimes, let alone conversation), and would wall ourselves up on either side of the street and have ourselves a massive snowball fight....as far as cars the decided to drive down our street, well, this was war, and there are casualties....most of time the casualty was us in being grounded for hitting someones window too hard.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like winter. I think part of it is because I get to harass those weaker than myself for being so sensitive to the cold...

I could do the same sort of thing in summer but it rarely gets very hot around here...

D

DÛke

Nothing beats Winter. To me, it's a breath of fresh air. Finally, the streets are quite, no children playing around, no oblivious pedestrians, no sign of life whatsoever. How lively! And it is also kind of spiritual time for me too; everything settles, calms down, and begins to fade away…a very contemplative time. I understand it is the "old people's" season because the best thing one can do is sit at home, be comfortable with loved one's, sip coffee, tea, soup, and just "wait." My soulmate does tell me I am really old at heart, old soul in a young body...so I believe my admiration of winter is rather more natural than expected...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wow, I didn't realize that so many others might like winter the most. Usually it seems like they complain about it for being so cold and stuff...

M

Mikeymike

Spring is my favorite.

Baseball season starts.
It is comfortable to go outside in a short-sleeve shirt.
You can actually do stuff outside without having to prepare for a trek to the arctic.
You can hangout outside at night
You can do stuff during the day without drenching yourself in sweat
There are great smells in the air.
Woman start wearing better outfits. (yes, yes, I'm a pig)

Killer Joe

It never really got up past 90 this year but the humidity is killer all the time.

Also, being of hispanic ethnicity, all I have to do is be near a window with the sun shining and I get real dark, no, darker.

I'm fat, too. So I sweat alot :(.

In fact, put summer down, for me, at spot number 9). :rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
I prefer Autumn. It's not cold yet, but at least it's not hot..

...DUke, you used to live in Iraq - what kind of weather should I expect for the next 13 months?

-Ferret

"...stupid vaxinations! I don't want to be sick!"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Though I have to admit I've looked forward to winter for a few years now, since we bought our house. We've got a wood-burning stove (like a fireplace) which makes it really nice.

Think Fight Club there, Oversoul...;)

Killer Joe

The 9.) represents the priority placement of my liking summer. Slots 4-5-6-7 & 8 are filled with repeated seasons like Fall, spring and winter, with fall being in there a couple more times :D

CALIFORNIA!?!
I lived there when I was stationed at Fort Ord on the Monterey Peninsula. Three hundred days of the year it was Sunny and 72,....I hated it :mad:

I can only take the sun for so much time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by TomB
Think Fight Club there, Oversoul...;)
I know where it's from. I read that book not much more than a month ago...

Killer Joe: If you hate suniness THAT much, you should try only coming out at night...

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Oversoul
I know where it's from. I read that book not much more than a month ago...
Isn't it so much better than the movie?
Of course, the movie was great.

By the way, I'm partial to the Fall. Of course now that I live in a desert I suppose Winter will be fine as well, as long as the sky stays relatively clear.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, the book is almost always much better than the movie...

The movie for Fight Club, though, was one of the very few I've seen that didn't leave me saying, "it was a disappointment and doesn't deserve the same title as the book." It was a very good movie. The book was absolutely fantastic, although I haven't checked out anything else by Palahniuk yet, so I don't know if his other stuff is so good either.

Which desert do you live in, CT?

C

Chaos Turtle

Uhm, I believe it's called the Arizona-Sonora Desert. It's the one where Tucson is.

I only said that bit about the book being better than the movie in order to plug the book; it's a fave of mine. Of course, there are those in this world who think that a movie is inherently better than a book, since reading a book is such...hard...work. Some people.

H

Homestar

i live under a finely carved, shiny green boulder, i kno no seasons