• Caves of Koilos - W/B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Llanowar Wastes - B/G

• Shivan Reef - U/R

• Yavimaya Coast - U/G

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I cannot commit to a single choice (you know me I always give you an out)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
R

Rando

Way back when I first started playing, I always loved Red and White.

It will be rather nostalgic to try and construct a good deck just to use the color combo of my youth.

R

rkoelsch

Because I used to think Red for Offense and White for defense. I am sorry I traded my earthquakes away.

M

Mr_Pestilence

My B/W Pestilence deck is back! Oh, wait...WotC, in it's infinite wisdom, didn't reprint Pestilence...or much of anything else, in Black.

Oh well, whatever, never mind...

A

Almindhra

No but it is giving B/W some nasty stuff in Apoc...So yes, I will be hounding my gaming group for the B/W painlands...But I can't believe they made these...They just seem, too good...

D

Dementia

U/G Shall reign supreme.

See, none of you have RHYMES that prove their color combo is the best but I do:p

Other then the rhyme, as if I needed anything else;), the Mystic Snake, Jungle Barrier, Temporal Spring is going to make some good decks.

The Snake and Barrier just go perfect with gating. If only there were some G/U gaters........

D

Duel

I dunno about you guys, but I think the art on Cave of Koilos is just DAMN COOL. Plus it's b/w. The only other really impressive land there is Yavimaya Coast, because I love playing g/u

E

Ephrils

B/G

I've like that color combo since ProsBloom :pPlus, i'm still a little confused as to why Squandered Resources was banned in the Mirage block and why it's the only banned there. This, obviously, requires me to do some investigation and make some B/G decks! :cool:

C

Cateran Emperor

Arrrr, don't make me choose...

I suppose U/G gets a slight nudge as that has the coolest looking art on it. Only slightly though...

D

Daggertooth

White and Red Knocks others Dead!!!!

Take that Dementia ;)

I have a great Dragon knight deck that has been waiting for years for a good R/W painlands. (I've been using the tempest ones.)

Although I must say that it has the worst are. :(

Daggertooth

S

Sammy Dead-O

...cuz that's generally been my favorite enemy color pairing(W/G/R is probably my favorite color combo to play right now).

BTW, where are you all seeing the art for these cards?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ephrils: I believe Squandered Resources was only banned in the Mirage block because there were too few ways to deal with the combo just inside the block. For Standard back then and now Extended (I guess), the ways to deal with it became greater.

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

Battlefield Forge will make it much easier to splash white into Fires decks to play Rith or even Armadillo Cloaks to become a possible 'Geddon-Free Red Zone-Fires hybrid deck. Only time will tell...

D

Duel

*raises an eyebrow*

Um, will? I don't think you realize one thing about The Red Zone: It didn't win because of the cloak, except against fires. 50% of it's advantage was in Geddon, which hurt fires, crushed rebels and blasted u/w.

T

terzarima

Man, I love B/W. I actually had a pretty kick arse creature killing deck that did pretty darn good in tournaments. Plus, it was type II legal. I love the Caves of Koilos, it gets my vote!

A

Almindhra

Yayy, out of my little group I now have 3 Caves already!...And we pulled foiled B/G and I think U/R...