• Call of the Wild

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recycle

• Alluren

• Defense of the Heart

• Greater Good (I know this will get 1 vote)

• Nature's Revolt

• Vernal Equinox

• Other

• Total voters
M

Mikeymike

I love building decks around stupid green enchantments, as I know a lot of other people do. So which one is your favorite? Feel free to include the combo, decklist or any thing else.

NOTE: I'm purposely leaving things like Survival of the Fittest off the list.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if it's dumb or stupid but I like Sylvan Library or Mirri's Guile. I haven't built a deck around them though; just use them for card searching.

Z

Zadok001

Gee, everyone take a wild guess where that vote for Greater Good came from... :D

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Stupid Green Enchantments that I like:

Verdant Succession
Dual Nature
Call of the Wild
Recycle
Aluren
Defense of the Heart
Greater Good
Nature's Revolt
Vernal Equinox
Vernal Bloom
Concordant Crossroads (officially much more stupid than Fires)
Eladamri's Vineyard
Holistic Wisdom
Symbiotic Deployment
Abundance
Broken Fall
Manabond
Hall of Gemstone
Titania's Song
whatever new stupid green enchantment comes out...

I had a hard time choosing.

In the end, I chose Aluren because of its nostalgic value.

M

Mikeymike

Concordant Crossroads (officially much more stupid than Fires)
Eladamri's Vineyard
Holistic Wisdom
Symbiotic Deployment
Abundance
Hall of Gemstone
Sylvan Library (not stupid, but a great filter card)

I wanted to put all of these in the poll, but alas, I was limited to 10 choices. Woe is me.

Symbiotic Deployment has so far failed me miserably, but I haven't tried hard enough.
Concordant Crossroads makes Fires look like doody.

My friend built a sick Vernal Equinox deck with Flickering Ward, Planar Collapse, Pattern of Rebirth, and the Saga Sleeping Enchantments. It was so cool, and tough too. That deck was a problem in pretty much any format he played it in for MP games.

G

Gizmo

I dunno, there are SO many decks you can make to break Natures Revolt wide open - usually you win the game the turn you cast it. Infinite mana combos, infinite mill combos, infinite damage combos....

Verdant Succession and Shirting Sky lets you do some neat tricks as well though. I`d have to go for either Natures Revolt or Verdant Succession

G

Gerode

Yeah, I have a Nature's Revolt deck that I think I posted quite a while ago...

I

Istanbul

Whip Silk.

When paired with Verduran Enchantress, it reads 'GG: Draw a card'.

G

Gerode

Did I mention I also posted a deck partially based around that combo? :D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It was okay, I guess, till they restricted/banned Black Vice. Then it just plain sucked.

Stormbind isn't too bad when you've got it in a deck with some terrific card drawing, but then, if you were drawing good cards you wouldn't need it. :eek:

Think of it as being a Casual card...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I can't remember if it was actually in Vice Age or another deck of the time that competed with it (maybe by Henry Stern?). My impression of Vice Age was that it had the Vices, Tinder Walls, Orcish Lumberjacks, and Orggs as the meat of the deck. Stormbind seems it would fit in another... maybe I'll look it up if I have time ;)

C

CAMDEX

Then i can pump up all my critters... AHHAHAHAHA! I kill you with my 16/16 trampling Llanowar Elves! HAHAHAHAHA!

D

Dune Echo

I have a controllish 5-Color deck that pulls out Tradewind Rider and Auramancer with Defense of the Heart. Against beatdown, it's a lock.

Recycle is actually pretty decent. Just hard to use.

Burgeoning can be fun too.

M

Mikeymike

Wow, this poll is very evenly spread. Every card got a vote.

Verdant Succession has total ownership over me right now. I've got 2 type 2 decks with it (1 of which I'm going to convert into a casual deck) and I've got 2 more casual decks I want to build with it. Its a goofy combo monster.

F

fuzzy510

I was split between Aluren and Recycle, and I went with Aluren, for reasons similar to TICM's.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I vote for Aluren/Recycle - drawing Slivers and playing them for free is fun!

Other than the ones already mentioned, I like Primal Order, Primal Rage and Sylvan Library.