Favorite Creature type!

A

Apollo

I once killed someone with 20 swings of a Dominating Licid. But that's not my favorite. Hippos and phoenixes are right up there, but tops for me iiiisss...

Orcs.

Way back in the day, a bunch of muy friends and I decided to make theme decks. One of my smarter friends decided to go with Goblins. Another one went for Elves. Being the genius that I am, I went with Orcs, and though I wasn't very successful, it's still my favorite deck ever. Beware the Orcs!

T

train

My first theme deck was hydras... it worked okay... just didn't establish itself in my mind set...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Current Themes:
Squirrels
Enchantress(which are all druids now)
Elves

I'm fond of both Vampires and Angels, as being good fat choices for their respective color. But, my favorite creature type is definetly legend. got to love the legends.

M

mythosx

Squirrels???!?!?!?!

I know its an amusing idea...but i gotta say if you think about it how does squirrels beet any thing???? dear lord....they are squirrels for god sakes they eat acorns...they weigh maybe five paper clips and then some.....

i remeber when the first squirrles came out through deranged hermits and my friend beat me with them....dear lord.... talk about not making a creature to scale

thallids were cool...

any one play with merfolks?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

squirrels are vicious. I always use the argument that the average squirrel could take down the average soldier, by simply jumping and latching onto his jugular vein. C'mon its no contest.

"an army of squirrels is still an army" - squirrel mob

A

Apollo

A friend of mine built a Merfolk deck and gave it to me when he quit Magic around 5th edition. I since improved on and messed with it, but it's still pretty much the same.

Whenever I play somebody new with it, they keep playing cards expecting them to be countered, and I never do. Counters just aren't Merfolk-themed! C'mon, people! My deck is pure. They laugh at the lack of Counterspells, until a Tidal Warrior gives them an Island and my horde of islandwalking Merfolk run them over. It's great fun in chaos games, too. I just wish it worked more often. :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Using Merfolk is actually a good idea with my group; everyone seems to be drawn to Zombies, Clerics, Soldiers, and Squirrels (at least right now). So if I can't get my dwarf deck to work, I'll try Merfolk...

M

mythosx

anyone in your group with a sliver deck?

i have a fatty sliver deck
its not the most efficient thing being its super think about 140 cards i think

however its pure has every sliver in it only hting im missing is the sliver overlord...how much do those go for?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, no one has a Sliver deck yet. I think I am actually the only one who could do it, since I was the only one around during the Tempest block (they all have Onslaught Block Slivers but don't seem inclined to use them). I could probably make one with both blocks and see how it goes :)

M

mythosx

to be honest the new brood of slivers are actually tougher than the old one...the only minor thing giving the old slivers and edge is the queen cuz it can pump out slivers for cheap...and this ability is not repilicated to the other slivers...the sliver overlord is a mofo until you can drop a crystaline...i need 2 overlords and a new horned sliver, i sat on it....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Still can't beat Muscle Sliver.

Having never built a sliver deck, I, of course, have no idea what I am talking about.

N

Nightstalkers

Just a question but... was there ever a Midget creature type?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The new slivers have some good abilities, true, but I think WOTC "fixed" them by making them cost slightly more than the old slivers.

M

mythosx

no midgets....i believe thats due to the fact its not pc.. perhaps a little person creature type.

yeah they fixed it...the old slivers were kinda buff since none of them except the queen was higher than a 3 casting cost...

hey the muscle sliver is pretty boss

Ferret

Staff member
Another creature type that deserves lots of respect (especially around Ice Age era): Wurms. They're big, they're green and they can squash anything flat that gets in their way. In a good fast green deck (shouldn't they all be?) they can just keep attacking...

...earlier in this thread someone mentionned how green deals w/ Fliers: Easy. Make them block. They're not going to be so happy to tap their attackers when you're doing 12 points of damage w/ two big green bad guys coming over next turn...

-Ferret

"...I miss the days when my Big Green Deck always clobbered blue..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Lotus Mox
There were Dwarves...
Or Kobolds...

I think Wurms are getting turned into Beasts, or at least in the Onslaught Block. I haven't seen too many lately (like dwarves). Maybe some will be in the next block...

N

Nightstalkers

whats with all of the avatars coming out? don't get me wrong, but its just a little funny...

M

mythosx

yeah the new avatars are whack...an avatar is the embodiement of a God being....the old avatar creatures were directly tied to the player....these new avatars are not true avatars...they are GEEEE Hetto

S

Sammy Dead-O

I'd say Merfolk have become my favorite over the past couple of years. I've actually had a few good showings in local tournaments with Fish, and I hate it that they're leaving the base set (especially now that Curiosity is back!). Of course, it is true that Lord of Atlantis is too good for R&D's current idea of blue...or blue weenies, anyway.

Other than fish, I especially like Minotaurs, Elephants, and Goblins (although I'd imagine that Goblins are the favorites of a lot of players).