Favorite Counterspell Variant

What is your favorite counterspell variant?

• Mana Drain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Force of Will

• Mana Leak

• Memoery Lapse

• Arcane Denial

• Dissipate

• Dismiss

• Forbid

• Rewind

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

• Total voters
T

terzarima

*sigh*

Maybe I'm just insane, but quash is my favourite. :rolleyes:

F

fuzzy510

Nothing like tapping out your opponent if they can't pay up!

I

Istanbul

I'm all up into Dissipate. Especially against Type 1 player.

"No. In fact, never."

P

Prince RXI

!!!De Sink!!! It's got to be De Sink!!! There is no CS Like iT!!!! It be Evil!!! De Sink!!!

Prince RXI,:mad: :p :rolleyes: :D :eek: :confused:

L

Lotus Mox

You shouldn't feel alone.
I also voted for Memory Lapse aka Time Walk ;)

M

Mikeymike

Desertion, its quite the slap in the face. Dismiss and Dissapate round out my top 3.

R

rkoelsch

though I am banned from showing up at the store with islands as I am a very slow control player

R

rkoelsch

because he said favorite not which one is the best. This allows some subjective opinions. I like life gain. I don't like life loss. completely subjective not objective.

M

Multani

Wow. I'm surprised more people didn't pick Arcane Denial.
I mean, in multiplayer, it's the friendly counterspell. And in single player, it nets you cards in additon to countering the spell.
Above all, it's a nice solid 2 mana counterspell. Plus, it embodies the need for the control player to use strategy and to pick the right moment to counter.
I mean, counterspells add most of the strategy to blue, and all counterspells should be strategy oriented, and not brutally powerful like Absorb and Undermine.
Force of Will ranks 2nd for me followed by Force Spike.

M

Mikeymike

I like Arcane Denial too, but still - nothing beats a Deserted Avatar of Woe :D. Both have nice RKF artwork though.

I

Istanbul

Arcane Denial's big problem is that, while you may draw one counterspell, they get to draw TWO cards. There's a better chance that they'll draw two business spells than that you'll get something that can handle them both.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Ertai's Meddling. Not really a counterspell, but if you've got enough mana it is.