Favorite Angel

R

rkoelsch

actually I have changed my favorite to Voice of All. But I still like Copperleaf angel.

C

Crackdown

I love playing with Angels, but I'm not quite sure I can come down to one.

For aggro-control and MWC, I really like Blinding Angel and some method of getting it through to the dome.

For pure annoyance and artwork, Avenging Angel. I pair it with Grafted Wargear now or Fireshrieker. Perhaps the Jitte next time.

For unexpected trouble, Pristine Angel with enough instants to make it a real problem.

The all-round Angel . . . Platinum Angel. How can you not like it? :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like Blinding Angel for its incredible ability.

As far as artwork goes, Radiant and Warrior Angel look pretty cool...

D

DÛke

Selenia! Always was my favorite angel, and so far she's my favorite, both playing wise, flavor wise, and art wise.

Ferret

Staff member
My fav is and always will be Fallen Angel. I built a whole monoblack deck based around her and later modified into my little black control deck. Quite fun in multiplayer...

-Ferret

"Fallen Angel + Sengir Autocrat = 11 points of instant pain!"

Killer Joe

Yellowjacket said:
Serra Angel (The Phil Foglia one from the cover of the Duelist)
Who's THIS guy?

I totally agree. I'm definitly NOT a Foglio fan at all but I DID like that cover, in fact, I still have it :D

R

rkoelsch

well i have changed my favorite again to akroma, angel of wrath. there was no angels in the oriental set probably why i had no interest in it. haven't checked the new set yet

Ferret

Staff member
My favourite is and always shall be the first: Serra Angel. Five mana for a 4/4 flyer that doesn't tap to attack? It's by far and away the best! Second would be Fallen Angel (original artwork as well). I built a whole deck around her and it's still quite hard to beat in multiplayer...

-Ferret

"Nothing beats an original"

B

BigBlue

As someone who's been playing since revised.... it is without a doubt the original... the Serra Angel...

My second favorite comes from the playability factor - I only own one, and I love her ability... the Blinding Angel...

The original 3xx Uncommon creature set (ok, maybe it wasn't a set, but they seem to be)

Serra Angel
Sengir Vampire
Air Elemental
Thicket Basilisk (The weakest by far - Wizards hated green from the start...)
Fire Elemental (or possibly Earth Elemental - except it had toughness 5)

Cockatrice was probably too powerful to be unc (for Green anyways - the non-flying color who's best flier was their flying men)... TB should have been a 4/4 with the ability...

L

Limited

For the art, Visions Archangel..

And for playability, I might have to go for Firemane Angel just because she has single handedly won me a number of games..

B

brainfreeze

I have to go with the Seraph(Ice Age) it's a nice 4/4 flyer and has a ability that you would never expect to see on a white card :p

D

DarthFerret

I agree with Ferret - Serra Angel. 4/4 does not tap, only 5 mana...in a mono white deck she is queen!

I

Izaryo

now we're talking!

art: Pristine angel

abilities: serra and blinding

dammit i Want to play now.....

Angelssssss..(suffering from lack of angels)

turgy22

Nothing Special
For the longest time, I would have told you that Serra Angel was my favorite for the reasons of beauty, simplicity and nostaglia. But right now, my favorite angel is probably Pristine Angel, for what she's done for me in actual game play. Serra's efficient, but Prissy's a house for just one more mana. In MTGO limited, she's one of those "right click -> concede" cards. And the art's not too shabby, either... especially if you can check out the full length version and not just the segment that appears on the card.

H

Humb1e

folk do like to talk about Angels.

Wheres the love for (my fave) desolation angel. Good work NueroDeus.

Back when Onslaught was in T2 I had a french Exalted angel. She was my favorite, with her cheeky vol ability and saucy other foreign stuff i couldnt understand.