FatPacks

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by Zero T Katama, Nov 21, 2001.

?

Do you buy FatPacks?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 5 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

I'm just wondering, who here buys FatPacks, and why or why not?
  2. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

The books.

Prince RXI, ok?
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What are FatPacks again?
  4. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

FatPacks are those packs that Wizards sell for the newer sets, includes a Book, Either a tournament Pack and 3 Boosters or 6 Boosters (Depends on Whether the Set is the beginning of a block or not) A foil Land from that block, and a foil common from the set. Also comes with a Cardlist/Strategy Book, and in more recent ones (Apocalypse and Odyssey) A d20 you can use as a life counter. Sells for 24.99
  5. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

I won one once.

Nothin' but craprares in the packs, useless foil, I don't play green, so the Forest was a bust.

I gave teh book away, the victim said it wasn't very good.

Nada más.
  6. rkoelsch Angel Boy

I don't generally spend that much anymore. i buy packs here or there and do sealed or booster drafts to get new expansions. then I do a lot of trading. I have over 9,000 cards my wife can't understand why I need more. And I see her point.
  7. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

I find them to be worthless pieces of crap. :D
  8. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

He/_/_ yes!

Think of it. Three boosters and a tournament pack (or six boosters) would cost you about $20.

So you're paying $5 for:

Two guaranteed foils
    A book
    A checklist

If you didn't get the foils or the checklist, that alone would be a good bargain. ($5 for a book ain't half bad.) The foils and checklists are a bonus.

I've tracked down a fat pack for every set since there've been fat packs. They're a pretty good deal. I wouldn't buy more than one (don't need more than one book or checklist, and the foils aren't worth $5), but I would buy at least one.
  9. Elrond Veteran CPA Lurker

I do, and mainly for the reasons listed by Istanbul.

Although I haven't gotten one of every set that has had one, but I try.

I also like the d20, probably because I like dice in general.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So that's what they are...

Nope, never bought one. Books and foils have not really interested me, I already have a life counter, and if I needed cards, I'd probably just buy a booster box (when the set first comes out). Then try to trade for the rest.
  11. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Spidey...you should. Trust me.

6x Booster pack - $20
    1x foil land - $0.50 - $1.00
    1x foil common - $0.50 - $1.00, maybe more if you're lucky

So you're paying three bucks for a book (that you can sell to a local bookstore if you want) and a checklist, complete with pictures of the cards.

Not a bad deal.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, I'm so far behind in sets that I'd still spend money on booster boxes, if I ever had enough. I just broke down the other day and spent $24 on one booster pack from each available set from a WOTC store, just to see what was out there... but money's still a tight thing, in general.

But maybe for Christmas ;)
  13. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

I buy them for the same reason(s) as Isty, plus I got a foil Volrath in my Nemesis one so I've been partial to them ever since.

On ebay you can get them for under $15 sometimes.