Fantasy Football 2014

turgy22

Nothing Special
Rokapoke has Cam Newton.

This is the second straight year I've reached the playoffs with a tie in the last week of the regular season.
I must say, from a fantasy perspective, that game was really intense last night. I had Julio Jones, Melkor had Jordy Nelson and both players had ridiculous games. I hope we meet again in the playoffs.
I'd also like to say, before the week started, I thought I needed to win to make the playoffs. Then as Sunday rolled on, I realized I could also make it with a Spiderman loss (which almost happened), then last night I realized I could lose and make it by scoring 200+ points more than Spiderman (which also almost happened) and when Julio Jones got hurt I thought I was out for sure until I realized we were tied and I could still make the playoffs as long as Jordy Nelson didn't catch another pass in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was biting my nails for the whole of Sunday when I saw how poorly my team was doing. Then when it came down to the 8:30pm game, when it was my WR vs Child's TE and pretty much all it took was a TD for one to win it, which fortunately no one got and I squeaked by. When I saw Mooseman and you losing before Monday, I thought I'd get in for sure. I was sure surprised when I logged on Tuesday and saw me still in the 5th place column.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Monday night was my deliverance by Rodgers for enough points to outlast all other teams tied for fourth. I watched it until he passed 30+ points. I missed the tie and thought I could be in 3rd via points..... but it was not to be......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Before the weekend I thought I would have placed top 4 based on points if we all were 7-7 but my amazing poor performance from my team ended that... was looking at Ben R on my bench and thinking why didn't I put him in...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, I don't really follow/watch football for real. He's had a couple monster games here and there but overall, Brees and Manning were more consistent. I even dropped Ben in the first two weeks because he seemed to be underperforming, thank goodness I was able to get him back :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, I picked him up for a few weeks, then dropped him to improve other positions (this is when Nick Foles was healthy and Stafford was playing well). Roethlisberger always has monster games when he's not starting.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I got him in this past weekend in place of Manning which turned out to be one of my few good decisions. Here's hoping Brees can make up a K and 37 points tonight...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Thanks, thought I was going to lose, but I did have WR last night........
Oh well.
Good season everyone.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Will Andy Dalton, Emmanuel Sanders and Julius Thomas combine for 46 points to win me my second title?

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Congrats, Ransac, on the championship.
Congrats, Mooseman, on the victory and 3rd place finish.
Congrats, Child of Gaea, for not finishing last.