Fake Cards: Demon's/Seraph's/Dragon's/Serpent's Blade Equipment...help me balance

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I tried to do one for every color.. the last pic i have could pass for "ancestral sword" but not for Kraken's blade.... so ehm.. its 4 for now :D

I like what they all do... but the casting costs/equip costs vary greatly...
i think some are ok with the cost.. some broken..

any thoughts on what to change?

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the first two seem unbalanced. Giving a creature +9/+9 seems huge on Demon's Blade. And too many abilities are given on Dragon's Blade for the cost (both casting cost and equip cost). But the last two seem okay.

F

Force of Will Smith

I think the demons one is powerful.. but it doesnt give trample.. and before you even deal your damage you're eating 7 life.. and everytime you attack you lose 4 more life... i think it seems wrong.. but thats a TON of life to lose to make an opponent chump block each turn.. i should up the initial cost tho... ill do it at 5 mana... and ill bump the life to 5.. cause paying 5 for a single shot of 9/9... maybe i should make it so it may not be equipped to an enchanted or equipped creature.. lessening the possibility of abuse..
or i could keep the cost.. and make it so when it deals damage.. it deals an equal amount to you.. like a flesh reaver... but then it kinda sux.. lose 9 life to kill a blocker? bleh...

I think the Seraphs is by far the weakest.. with holy strength, spirit link and vigilance... i think the cost is fair.. but if that cost is fair.. the rest surely arent..

Green:I only made 2 abilities on the green blade cause i thought it was broken as hell... you get to destroy all of their creatures every single turn and all you have to do is get rid of one creature.. which could have potentially been free... since lure costs 1GG and a basilisk costs 2G at the cheapest.. im gonna change it i think.. either cost 2, equip 5, or cost 3, equip 4..

RED: should lose the flying, as a double striker flier is entirely too good...
pay 5 deal an extra 10... nope.. with pumpable double strike its still incredible... pumping your 1/1 to essentially a 9/9 quite easily
if flying stays.. it should be cost 4:eq 4 minimum

Green Cost 3 EQ:4 or 2 EQ:5

Dragons Cost 3 EQ:4

White: Should cost 2 EQ:2

Black: Cost 5, equip 5 life.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the Demon's isn't a 7 life at once; it's only 3 to equip and if you don't attack. So presumably you're playing with life-gaining stuff (Armadillo Cloak, Spirit Link, other life-giving equipment, etc), so losing four life per attack doesn't seem that big of a deal in relation to what the equipment gives. But what you changed it to seems okay now.

I

Istanbul

Actually, I have a different question: How do you attach thumbnails like that?