Fake Card: Spellblade Dagger, not a poostick!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

it could be abused in a high cost deck.. but usually wouldnt be worth it..
which is why the cost is 2/2.

I also didnt want to make it like a spellweaver, a spellbinder, or an isochron..

Yes i know it says instant or sorcery or instant card.. need to fix that..

also should i make it legendary?

ideas?

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Gut feeling" says it's overpowered for the cost... I think someone could find a way to use it in a "low cc" deck. And probably should add the clause "shuffle all cards revealed back into the library".

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm..maybe use an opponent's deck? nah... hmm..

I know something that would fix it... it might make it less fun

i could make it so you reveal cards.. then the equip becomes X...hmm...

I could make in an imprint card with X as the casting cost... where X is the cost of the removed card... it would give +X+X to equipped creature AND that would be the equip cost as well... makes it a little simpler and a MILLION times less strange..

but you wont be able to re-imprint.. cause then you could play it for free.. then pay X to give a huge boost..

picture this... I'll imprint "counsel of the soratami" since it wont really do me any good right now... pay 3 colorless to cast spellblade dagger...
then i'll pay another 3 to equip it... the equipped creature has +3/+3.

makes more sense, flavor-wise..

D

DÛke

First of all, you need to remove the "until you reveal an instant or sorcery or instant" line. It's as repetitive as you.

Second, you need to emphatically state what the player has to do with the other cards he or she revealed that way, and what he or she has do with the Instant or Sorcery card he or she revealed that way.

Third, it's a little underpowered.

Fourth, adding "Legendary" to it is a big deal, it's not something you tag along so you can make the card pretty. But again, you've successfully shown that you have no clue whatsoever when it comes to flavor of the colors and the concepts.

And fifth, it’s really boring.

Next, please.

F

Force of Will Smith

did you read my earlier post? the last message said i'd change the cost to X and remove that entirely..

you're not even reading them now.. :D

E

evan d

2 things:

One, don't shuffle it back into the library, heres why. I could simply put one of those 14 mana Blinkmoth Infusions in my deck and play with low cc. However I see a danger in the graveyard, with recursion. Maybe it is removed from the game?

Two, duke, you seem a bit negative.

J

jorael

I would make it just like erratic explosion: reveal the top card until you reveal a nonland card. And with a shuffling effect.

That would make it nice in decks build around it, but even then it wouldn't be broken.
Makes me want to play this:

16 Island
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Seat of the Synod

4 homarid spawning bred
4 spellbane dagger
4 thoughtcast / rush of knowledge
4 guardian idol

4 Scornful Egotist
4 Somber Hoverguard
4 Qumulox
4 Chromeshel drake
4 Misschievous Quanar

F

Force of Will Smith

heres an image of what i was talking about earlier..
trying to balance a reusable artifact with power dependant on cards in your library is tough... heres a new one..

kinda makes more sense as well..

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah i was originally going to make it cost X, where X is the cost of the imprinted spell.. problem was.. no room for the text... so 2 it is :D