Fake Card: Shivan Serpent; Too cheesy??

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

*update

sorry to necro this thread but, i actually didnt have a true gold template.. and i recently made one...
so here's the most form of this.. i actually dont think it's all that good any more..
even nafs asp and marsh viper you can put a firewhip on..

Attachments

L

Limited

A bit cheap for a creature who gives two poison counters.. but I like it!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This thing would be insanely good. It has first strike, can be pumped (although that it somewhat costly), and hits a player for two poison counters if unblocked. Poison might have done a lot better if this guy had been around. Marsh Viper, at 3G, just isn't the same...

E

evan d

I don't think that it is overpowered, becuase it at best for most decks is a 2/2 firststriker. A player should be dead to a deck with red in it way before the poison becomes relevant. It can attack on turns 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, dealing ten damage. Poison is relevant only when unblocked. If I get a palyer to ten life on turn seven, I should either win next turn or be dead if i'm playing red. Say that I shock a player once each turn, they would be dead at the same time with this as the poison counters.

Double-strike would make this awesome.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Overpowered? No, there aren't enough other good poison cards for that right now.

As far as players being dead before the poison matters, this thing would not be used in aggro decks...

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah i think the fact that he has to hit players requires you to either use things like taunting elf's, or burn.. the first strike is cause hes a snake.. and also so he actually has a chance to eat thru defenses over time

E

evan d

I don't know much outside of Red, Green, and White, so how many casual decks are there that have R and G in them and aren't beating down.

By casual, i mean non-50$+ decks.

F

Force of Will Smith

very true... firecats, elementals and ball lightnings would be zooming past this guy...

E

evan d

my reasoning is that i like this card at 2RG, as it was posted earlier. With the way it is now, the poison should be largely irrelevent unless your opponet has Ifinite life. This is because it costs RG to paly it and RG to pump it so, to deal poison it must be unblocked, so why not deal 1 more damage.

Also, if it is a RG deck in multi it is probably Elfball or a varient."Don't kill me, look at all the mana you are getting from all these mana flares and heartbreaks of spring.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
True, he actually does seem to be a bit undercosted despite the gold, now that I look at it again. Maybe add a colorless...

F

Force of Will Smith

ok since you have to attack with him ill grant him a 2/2 but also make him cost 1 more.. it looks balanced now..

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like that better, really. The pump ability is more deadly now, because he can more easily kill a */3 creature...