Fake Card:Sea Kraken, Magic's Biggest Merfolk!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

i LOVE the artwork on this guy.. i saw it and immediately though beef...
i think he's actually playable too, as taking 2 turns in a row with time stretch costs 10... he costs 8 if your opponent wants to foil your plans..
plus not being able to play lands is rough.. and no spells makes your countering stop, your bouncing stop, and any and everything that gives blue tricks... cant be done.. and if he's arrested... oh man... pay 2 turns..

is his cost too much for his ability?

Attachments

L

Limited

Once again, very broken and waaaaay undercosted.
Skipping two turns to destroy him is like conceding..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess he's okay. How did you come up with his cc?

The artwork looks a bit like something from the Alien movies :)

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
I cast Pacifism on your Sea Kraken. Your turn...
With that kind of thinking, we could have:

Bane of the Player B
All abilities known to man except for Haste.
37/37

F

Force of Will Smith

i based his casting cost loosely off of a couple of spells...
one.. time stretch costs 10... a sorcery that lets you take 2 turns..

he costs 8, 2 less than time stretch but he has to hit play, then you have to give him up.. also almost every kraken is moderately big in cost.. but with a big sacrifice.. i rate him up there with leviathans and such....

Looking off polar kraken.. he's 8 for a 11/11 where you have to blow up pretty much all of your lands after 3 or 4 turns...

sea kraken costs 8 as well for a 13/13.. but once he hits.. you have NO options.. nothing.. if for some reason he's pacified or tapped every turn..
you're totally screwed... game over..

you're basically playing your entire strategy on a single creature who's blue..
and costs a veritable ton... his kind of cost you almost never see played.

F

Force of Will Smith

he means.. if you simplify this creature to any creature that can be stopped by a pacifism.. it doesn't matter the stats of the creature is what he means...

cause if the creature has haste.. it hits you before you can pacify it...

Big Creature U 100000/999000 First Strike, Haste, cant ever ever ever be killed.
pacified would be equal to
Small Creature U 0/1 no abilities.. worthless...

!!!!! I SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A WORTHLESS CREATURE!!!!

hmm....

E

evan d

Force of Will Smith said:
sea kraken costs 8 as well for a 13/13.. but once he hits.. you have NO options.. nothing.. if for some reason he's pacified or tapped every turn..
you're totally screwed... game over..

you're basically playing your entire strategy on a single creature who's blue..
and costs a veritable ton... his kind of cost you almost never see played.
How are you totally screwed? You can still cast spells and lands and creatures.

Sea kraken I think you used as an example. Blowing up your lands means there is nothing you can do. playing a 13/13 trampler is defenititely something.

Compare this to the other 13/13, a green creature, the color green creatures, Krosan cloudscraper. Its a 13/13 non-trampling 7GGG with a cost in your upkeep of GG. With card is broken? The 8 mana 13/13 trampler? Or the 13/13 10 mana non-trampling upkeep costed green creature.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Force of Will Smith said:
he means.. if you simplify this creature to any creature that can be stopped by a pacifism.. it doesn't matter the stats of the creature is what he means...
I wasn't "simplifying" anything. I just think it would be hilarious if you played this sucker and then your opponent played Pacifism on it...

F

Force of Will Smith

it would be pretty funny.. i think at that point i'd shake their hand and reply "good game"...

Evan: i meant if he was pacified then youd have his detriments but you still couldnt play lands or spells.

E

evan d

Whooooops!

I didn't read the second bit of text, "You can't play lands or cast spells"

Yup, this card is pretty balanced and risky.

Would be great for pascifism.

White, black, and blue all could deal with this. Heck even green. Anyone for two turns.

Good card!

Wow, I really have to stop speed reading.

D

DarthFerret

Paralyze, Terror, Dark Banishing, Sorceress Queen, Royal Assasin...LOL

F

Force of Will Smith

hehe.. yeah i was gonna say.. i mean.. he's big but.. has a huge risk...