Fake Card: Obsolesence, Colorless Killer!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

yeah i know it should be spelled Obsolescence, just need to fix it..
Green and blue and white get a boost!
the idea with these cards being able to play an entire artifact based deck... spells included. er i mean... colorless..

you GOTTA love the picture!! :D

Attachments

D

DarthFerret

I am going to assume that by the word "may" it is the creature controllers choice if they want to go searching for a creature.

If this is not the case, the casting cost should be a lot higher due to the fact that it can be a game ender if your opponent does not play with artifact creatures. Cost could be a little less if it just read artifact, but then the cost would still be higher than 4.

Also, as much as I love the idea of colorless spells, thier costs should be really high. Artifact decks have had one weakness in Magic (other than shatterstorm et. al.) and that is the inability to be a surprise instant effect coming into play during opponents turn. With so many different ways to accelerate colorless mana, a deck with solely artifacts and colorless spells would clean up (not to mention the Urza's Lands [mine, powerplant, tower]) and do so in a speed that would have a elf decks head spinning. If not a higher mana cost, then there should be some other qualifying factor to the casting of such cards. (ie, this card can only be cast if your life total is lower than your opponents)

F

Force of Will Smith

yes, they can hunt for a creature but they dont have to.. and even if they had to the cards are revealed.. not put in the graveyard.

hmm ok.. so maybe 5 colorless? 1 less than desert twister?

D

DarthFerret

Ok, didn't realize the cards stayed in the library, it is not so bad then. And 5 might be about right. Also, remember when figuring mana cost that it usually isn't just the amount, but also the ratio of colored and non-colored mana. Since these spells all take non-colored mana, may have to have slightly higher costs to compensate for the ability to use ANY mana source. Just a thought.