Fake Card: Neuromancer, Play spells for free in black!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I KNOW you're all gonna say to make him gold... sorry... he's black :D

and his ability really isn't all that amazing.. i found its usually pretty difficult to have the same exact cost as a spell being cast..

but i dunno...

what do you think?

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

cool... i predict he'll be dead weight 99.99999999% of the time.. but if you horde cards and play politically... you might be able to pull some metagame shenaningans in a group game....

the only reason this card isnt really good is because the spells have to be sucessfully cast... so you cant save your creature thats being marked for death with a bounce spell... although you can hurt one of thiers..... kind of an eye for an eye card...
but it would make you laugh like hell in a group game..

scenarios:

opponent: ill cast washout on your creature so my white weenies will kill you
you: nonono... wrath of god...

opponent: Terror your Serra
you: well... ill... cast my FREE FLING at you!! take 4...

opponent: Ill attack and cast nocturnal raid giving all my creatures +2+0..
you: interesting.... ill cast my grinning demon as an instant to block one

opp1 turn: Ill cast birds of paradise
you: FREE duress!!
opp2 turn: Ill cast a stroke for 15.. card says X is equal to zero... ill cast my free rend flesh on HIS creature
opp3: you bastard... youre dead..
opp3 turn: ill play a cosmic larva, and then ill give it hast.....
you: not so fast.... ill play seal of doom "AS AN INSTANT" and sacrifice it.. killing your beef...

another HUGE problem with this card is you have to read minds.... and well... you have to HORDE cards... which unless youre playing politically or in a group... will kill you...

i think im gonna make him a 1/2 though... cause... he cant really do much..

E

evan d

i think that 0/2 is fair becuase playing cards for free is allways dangerous. However to stop it your opponet could just not play cards. Wonderful screwed if you do screwed if you dont.(are mods going to have a problem with "screw"? Nice for a discard deck. Should stay black, never gold. Good job!

F

Force of Will Smith

Sweet!! thx :) this i think will be great in a group game...
I love introducing my fakes that way :D

F

Force of Will Smith

i smell an enchantment or artifact version of this card that passes around like a hot potato....
you get 1 spell for free, no choice.. and they grab the card...