Fake Card: Mad Scientist, Black's answer to Auriok Salvagers!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Um... well you can re-animate creatures by simply paying a cost and never removing anything... and he can fetch you your most powerful discard or sweeping spell... he's amazing...

you have a propaganda/koskun falls in play, your opponent has just enough mana to wipe you.. but you cast sunder.. returning all lands... he cant attack...
by the time he gets 4 mana.. so will you... pay that amount... return the sunder... repeat.... repeat.... repeat...
the only thing stopping him from being an infinite combo is that you have to remove a card from your hand...

L

Limited

he is silly broken. If only for the second ability..
Shouldn't there be some tap symbols?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooo, I would have said he was okay but missed the missing tap symbols, so I agree with Limited.

F

Force of Will Smith

including tap symbols would make him totally balanced... i guess if for no other reason to stop infinites...

which makes me wonder, what would he have to be to not include tap symbols?

F

Force of Will Smith

i could do that.. i mean returning a creature AND an instant each turn is still pretty damn good.... plus you could say have a time warp in your graveyard... sac a creature... pay the cost to bring it back... then pay the cost to remove it and fetch your timewarp...
all your little zombies can be time warps.. with buyback... kinda...

It'd be like

Counsel of the Soratami 2U

buyback remove a creature you control from the game, 5BU

i dunno.. thats a hell of a lot to play.... im not sure the once per turn is necessary..
as you need to remove cards AND pay the casting cost...

in a typical game you might play a force of will by removing a blue card... then later
pay 3U and removing another... unless you have infinite mana the cost is ridiculously huge for recursion unless you do it over several turns.. in which case, it has the same effect... plus your resources dwindle...

recurring a force of will is one of the cheesies things you could do with it..
but even that involves removing 2 cards.. at least one being blue..

I think arcane denial might be the best card to recur...