Fake Card: Kumari, Broken Rose, Black Samurai!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I posted a version of this card text only before but i actually found a name for it and templated it with an image...

i have 3 versions of the art cause it was a headache to edit/clone.
Which one do you think works best?

I think it's incredibly balanced.. as no one ever has to block her..
I debated making her a samurai with ninjitsu, but that could cause lots of problems... plus.. Legendary creature - ninja samurai is a LOT to put in the card type.

I chose not to go entirely accurate with the name... I think im going to use "red wave" for another samurai chick i found...

anyone know the japanese word for scorpion?

i had no idea kurosawa (the samurai movie director) meant "black-swamp"

another one im making is

Yosamu, Night guardian (yosamu- night chill)
Akanami, something (akanami- red wave)
Minami, something (south wind) for the blind samurai im making

I have the red ninja ready to go but i want it to go from

Red Moon Ninja
to something else

I was debating using [Yakaru/Moyuru] (something) of the Red Moon (if that will even fit on a card.

yakaru - burning
moyuru - smoldering
He's a ninja that basically costs 2R for a 2/1 and ninjitsu 1R to deal 2 damage when he hits a player.

The art is really awesome too.

I found that for most of the "japanese" cards.. they have a name.. and then a loose translation afterwards.. but sometimes splitup the words..
Hanakami should be one word (flower spirit)

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure of the differences between the art? Is it just slowly going to close-ups from left to right? :confused:

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah.. basically.. the form of the woman is really lengthened which gives a nice mysterious look.. but it also makes the card look a little "fake." So i posted 3 views with different zooms to see which one ppl liked best.. that's all.

so. same artwork.. but just zoomed in so you cant see as much.. or can see more...

E

evan d

I like the third image.

Why would you ever block this.

Maybe she poisons people. Her sword is dripping with something.

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm.. very true... so she's not good enough then?
should i give her +1/+1 counters for each creature sac'd as well?

actually im not sure text space would permit it... mayble ill just make her a 2/1 or something like that.. that way shes an early beast if nothing else..

F

Force of Will Smith

serious about her not being good possibly..

one or the other... they're all ideas, maybe bonus when sac'ing
but probably a 2/1 with maybe a detriment.

E

evan d

Leave her as is on P/T and give her Poisoning for 1

Although Ii would then raise the CC, because really who has creatures to sac on the first turn? Also poisoning is powerful.

Maybe 2B

F

Force of Will Smith

oh wow.. youre totally right!.. maybe thats what the artist was painting :D

heres the update.. i made her cost higher.. a little vanilla.. but she can be a 2/2 for 3 if you want..

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

now you can actually play her as a straight vanilla samurai.. even if you sac 1 creature she's not too bad for a black samurai.