Fake Card: Festering Koala

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I saw the picture and the text just jumped into my head.

The ability was just a spaceholder originally, but it's kinda a cool premise. Reverse graft if you will.. GGGG for an 8/8 with no abilities if you have no other creatures isnt really all that good..

I thinking about changing the secondary ability to cost a lot instead of paying half the life. maybe something like,

BBGG, T: Each player sacrifices a creature they control.

or B/G B/G B/G B/G B/G B/G: Choose target creature or land an opponent controls. They choose one of yours. Both sac em, etc.. like the augermage.

i guess technically you could get around rot by playing creatures that are untargetable (green)

i was also thinking about other really powerful rot creatures that give opponents creatures -1-1 counters and you somehow get a penalty, maybe something like...

3 BG BG BG

whenever a creature attacks you, put X -1/-1 counters on that creature, where X is equal to its converted mana cost. If a creature an opponent controls is put into a graveyard, lose X life, where X is equal to its converted mana cost.

Attachments

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
WOW! That is one interesting card! You really need to join our CPA Set team and help us out for "Odd One Out" (Name still pending).

I'd never thought that an 8/8 for 4 mana could work, but it does!

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

Force of Will Smith

Funny thing is.. if they pacify, arrest, or do anything to him.. you cant play anything but big creatures, and if theyre running any amount of creature kill, counter, or control from that point on you're totally hosed...

-4-4 eh... ill play a 9/9!
treachery...

L

Limited

Great card..
maybe, to avoid the Pacifism problem (if it is a problem) Rot could say you have to distribute four -1/-1 counters between the Koala and whatever came into play?

Just a thougt..

(and yes, you should totally step in with the Odd One Out set thing game)

F

Force of Will Smith

Hmm, i guess the counteres between him and a creature might ensure that he himself may ROT.. which is more flavorful...

hm, technically wouldnt rot be like aboroth :D?

F

Force of Will Smith

oh and O.O.O. would be sweet to work with..
do you guys have artwork in mind for any of the pieces?
i found a sweet picture of a box, i might be able to make "glow" for that
X
XX
XXX artifact.